Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old May 24, 2005, 09:27 PM   #1
JW8725
Banned

Hyper performance RAM for Mini???

Was having a gander over on Ebay.com and came across a high priced 1 gig stick. Hyper Performance RAM apparently?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...776211441&rd=1

Now would this be faster than regular RAM for the mini to justify the price hike?
JW8725 is offline   0
Old May 24, 2005, 09:34 PM   #2
jaseone
macrumors 65816

Send a message via MSN to jaseone
There is no such thing as slower or faster RAM for Mac's, Mac's take specific memory based upon the specific model you have, some would say there is better quality RAM but personally I recently bought 2GB of generic RAM for my Powerbook for US$270 and couldn't be happier with it.

That ebayer seemed to have a good reputation but that ad is just hideous and would be enough to make me not want to purchase anything with them, heck anything that uses blinking like that is an instant turn off... If the price isn't good (I have no idea for Mac Mini RAM) then I would ignore it...
Old May 24, 2005, 09:51 PM   #3
Xtremehkr
macrumors 68000

I bought two One gig sticks from Fry's for my iMac. The price was right and they have performed perfectly. EBay is questionable sometimes, especially when the offer is too good to be true.
Old May 24, 2005, 10:00 PM   #4
CanadaRAM
macrumors G5

Omni HyperFormance RAM for $179 per Gb? Exceeds Factory specs 200%? WTF does that mean? Total hype job. Your Mini will run the RAM at 333 MHz no matter what you put in it. Why anyone would risk their money on eBay for RAM eludes me. How would one plan to get their warranty honoured in a year from now?

1 Gb for the Mini is US$109 at Data Memory Systems http://www.datamem.com/viewcat.asp_Q_C_E_1168

DMS has been in business for 17 years and they are real Mac people.

Choose your RAM from a reputable seller (one that displays their real physical address, for starters) who tests and guarantees the RAM for your specific model Mac, offers a lifetime warranty, and a no-charge return if it doesn't work.
CanadaRAM is offline   0
Old May 24, 2005, 10:09 PM   #5
JW8725
Banned

Thanks for the heads up guys, seems there are some snakes on ebay leeching folk out of their hard earned! I wonder if this can be reported to Ebay? This really isnt on!
JW8725 is offline   0
Old May 24, 2005, 10:13 PM   #6
CanadaRAM
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossoUK
Thanks for the heads up guys, seems there are some snakes on ebay leeching folk out of their hard earned! I wonder if this can be reported to Ebay? This really isnt on!
Naw. They can charge what they like, as long as the product delivered is what was described, there's no beef for eBay to take action on.
Buyer beware, or, discretion is the better part of value.
CanadaRAM is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers