Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:36 AM   #1
Rachiesauce
macrumors newbie

Mac Function keys no longer working on Windows OS

Hello everyone,

I've had the Windows OS on my Macbook Pro 13" for awhile now (over half a year), and, the function keys from Mac really haven't been working for almost that long. A few days after I Bootcamp-ed windows on the Mac, Windows automatically updated itself and I think a graphics card was updated, and the function keys stopped working.

I've read forums saying that I need to revert the graphics card to some other card... but I have no idea how to do this.

Is this what I should do? Is there any other easier way to return function to those volume, brightness, expose keys?
Rachiesauce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2011, 01:56 PM   #2
LiquidSpikes
macrumors member

Just to verify, your sound and brightness controls dont seem to work?
What about your eject key?

is your bootcamp icon in the lower right hand corner?

it sound like the bootcamp application isnt running...

That would effect all of the function keys, if it was a video driver issue you would still be able to use the volume controls.

I would recommend that you install the latest bootcamp patch from apple

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4177
LiquidSpikes is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac