Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lovish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
Hey guys its lovish from india... I have a dead ipod touch 3g that's out of warrenty... it happened due to over heating of battery because of using fake charger.. when contacted apple service centres in new delhi they said it could only be replaced for 10000 rupees for which I will get a refurbished ipod 3g with 3 months warrenty ( which would be really foolish as for that you will get a 5G ipod touch 8 gb one )

Then I contacted a ipod/iphone repairer who said it can't be repaired as both its display and logicboard are gone...

Now I wanted to ask what to do with it ?? Can I use its memory in anyway or any other use it could come ?? Or should I simply through it in garbage ( that's what most of you would suggest I guess still asking )

Thanks a lot

Lovish :):)

cr2

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Garbage or give it to someone who repairs. The person may find some useful parts (instead of ending into a landfill).

macfrik

Contributor
Mar 21, 2009
Utah
Nothing you can really do besides to replace it with 10000 rupees you said? It is the most efficient way for you and Apple to deal with out-of-warranty iPod touches.

GeniusJon

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Canada
Or recycle it with Apple and receive 10% off a new iPod. Don't know if this is available in India though...

lovish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
This 10 % thing is not available in India.. there is a drive by nokia for which they even plant a tree but there's not anything by apple.. 10000 is enough to buy a new Iphone touch 5G 8 GB...

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
Hey guys its lovish from india... I have a dead ipod touch 3g that's out of warrenty... it happened due to over heating of battery because of using fake charger.. when contacted apple service centres in new delhi they said it could only be replaced for 10000 rupees for which I will get a refurbished ipod 3g with 3 months warrenty ( which would be really foolish as for that you will get a 5G ipod touch 8 gb one )

Then I contacted a ipod/iphone repairer who said it can't be repaired as both its display and logicboard are gone...

Now I wanted to ask what to do with it ?? Can I use its memory in anyway or any other use it could come ?? Or should I simply through it in garbage ( that's what most of you would suggest I guess still asking )

Thanks a lot

Lovish :):)

I would say do your part for the environment and recycle it. Even though it may not give you discount, trust me, those old iPods have enough toxic materials that should be recycled.

Or, come over to United States for a visit, and recycle the iPod there and get 10% discount on new iPod.

lovish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
The thing is I wanted to make it useful in anyway.. like using its memory or anything...

Love is eternal - Albus dumbledore

lovish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
Now my choice is simple

I am getting

Ipod touch 32 gb 3g refurbished with 3 months warrents - 6500 rupees ( 130 $$ )

Ipod touch 32 gb 4g new with 1 year warrenty 13000 rupees ( 260 $$ )

So which one should I buy ?? Is it worthy to pay double price for ipod 4g...??

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
Now my choice is simple

I am getting

Ipod touch 32 gb 3g refurbished with 3 months warrenty - 6500 rupees ( 130 $$ )

Ipod touch 32 gb 4g new with 1 year warrenty 13000 rupees ( 260 $$ )

So which one should I buy ?? Is it worthy to pay double price for ipod 4g...??

I would definitely buy a newer one because it has a better screen and cameras, also its a bit slimmer but it really depends on your budget.

kenprakash

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2012
Hey please tell me where r they offering you it for 6500 . I'm from new delhi and facing a similar problem !!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.