Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

S-Man

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Houston
Lately I've had problems with my ATV2 opening Netflix. It shows up under the "Internet" menu, and even some titles pop up above the menu bar. But when I click on Netflix, the *boop* sound registers but nothing happens.
When I go up above the bar to click on a movie title, it does the same thing.
It's very frustrating. Anybody know what this could be?

I have JB'd it a while ago and haven't updated iOS since. I never use the JB since I can't figure out how to use anything with it. Should I try updating to the latest iOS?

Thanks.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yes you should update to the latest software version. Have you restarted the unit to see if it resolves the issue?

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Wouldn't even go as far as a restore. Yet at least. First put to sleep, unplug and try again once you plug it back in. Had same issue and that took care of it before.

S-Man

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Houston
Thanks, I guess I'll just update the software/firmware. Magically though, it started working on its own minutes after I posted this. It does this periodically. So I do the usual, unplug it, let it sit, reconnect it, try re-setting it with the remote yadda yadda yadda. *shrugs*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.