Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Dec 1, 2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Madd the Sane
macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

When I put a breakpoint on my project, PCSXR, and try to skip to the next line, it goes to a completely different place (using gdb) or complains about EXEC_BAD_ACCESS (using lldb). What am I doing wrong?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 06:20 PM   #2
Sydde
macrumors 68000

My experience has been that erratic stepping is often caused by trying to step through a release version of code: some of what you have written may have been optimized away by the compiler.

If that is not it, try posting some code so we can guess blindly at what your problem might be.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 07:17 PM   #3
Madd the Sane
macrumors 6502

Let's see...
Generate Debug Symbols is on; Optimization level is 0; Strip Debug Symbols During Copy is off.

When I press the step over button, I get to the function dyld_stub_objc_msgSend.

The only thing that I can think of that's causing it is the following cflags:-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -falign-loops=16

Okay, it was -fomit-frame-pointer that was causing it. I'm removing it from my debug build process.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming