Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:38 AM   #1
matthewscott661
macrumors 6502

Google Earth disk image mounting and unmounting on it's own?

I've had Google Earth installed for several months with no issue, but a couple of days ago a disk image for it has been mounting and then unmounting itself.

I didn't download any update, and I hadn't used the software for a few weeks, so I don't know where the disk image came from.

When it happens it will mount itself and open the window with the install shortcut and then it will go away after about 3 seconds. I can't find where the disk image is on my HDD and now even after I've opened Google Earth it keeps happening. It maybe does it about once an hour.

Any suggestions as to how to stop this?
matthewscott661 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:40 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core

Have you tried the search method laid out in this guide?
Best way to FULLY DELETE a program
Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:44 AM   #3
matthewscott661
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
Have you tried the search method laid out in this guide?
Best way to FULLY DELETE a program
That got it! Thanks. I'll be back if it relapses, but for now that should stop it.
matthewscott661 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:37 AM   #4
phowson
macrumors newbie

Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewscott661 View Post
I've had Google Earth installed for several months with no issue, but a couple of days ago a disk image for it has been mounting and then unmounting itself.

I didn't download any update, and I hadn't used the software for a few weeks, so I don't know where the disk image came from.
I am having the same problem and I realize this was a long time ago but was wondering if this solved the problem. I started having this issue immediately after I started using Aunsoft's Final Mate to convert AVCHD files to Apple ProRes so I was also wondering if maybe you used that application.
phowson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2013, 08:33 PM   #5
bayer40601
macrumors newbie

Google Earth

I have been trying to download Google Earth to my MacBook. After downloading what I believe to be Google Earth for Mac, I tried to install it, but keep getting a message that says since I did not download it from the Mac Applications Store I cannot install it. But when I go to the Mac Applications Store there is no Google Earth. What can I do to get Google Earth on my Mac? Thanks.
bayer40601 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2013, 08:36 PM   #6
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayer40601 View Post
I have been trying to download Google Earth to my MacBook. After downloading what I believe to be Google Earth for Mac, I tried to install it, but keep getting a message that says since I did not download it from the Mac Applications Store I cannot install it. But when I go to the Mac Applications Store there is no Google Earth. What can I do to get Google Earth on my Mac? Thanks.
You open System Preferences > Security > General > Allow applications downloaded from: and make your choice, as it is probably set to one of the upper two of the three options.
To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios
Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:27 PM   #7
bayer40601
macrumors newbie

Thanks.
bayer40601 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X