Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:38 AM   #1
matthewscott661
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago
Google Earth disk image mounting and unmounting on it's own?

I've had Google Earth installed for several months with no issue, but a couple of days ago a disk image for it has been mounting and then unmounting itself.

I didn't download any update, and I hadn't used the software for a few weeks, so I don't know where the disk image came from.

When it happens it will mount itself and open the window with the install shortcut and then it will go away after about 3 seconds. I can't find where the disk image is on my HDD and now even after I've opened Google Earth it keeps happening. It maybe does it about once an hour.

Any suggestions as to how to stop this?
matthewscott661 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:40 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core
 
simsaladimbamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: located
Have you tried the search method laid out in this guide?
Best way to FULLY DELETE a program
__________________
FREEdomly passports. Circumwent bürocrazy.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:44 AM   #3
matthewscott661
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
Have you tried the search method laid out in this guide?
Best way to FULLY DELETE a program
That got it! Thanks. I'll be back if it relapses, but for now that should stop it.
matthewscott661 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:37 AM   #4
phowson
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewscott661 View Post
I've had Google Earth installed for several months with no issue, but a couple of days ago a disk image for it has been mounting and then unmounting itself.

I didn't download any update, and I hadn't used the software for a few weeks, so I don't know where the disk image came from.
I am having the same problem and I realize this was a long time ago but was wondering if this solved the problem. I started having this issue immediately after I started using Aunsoft's Final Mate to convert AVCHD files to Apple ProRes so I was also wondering if maybe you used that application.
phowson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2013, 08:33 PM   #5
bayer40601
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kentucky
Google Earth

I have been trying to download Google Earth to my MacBook. After downloading what I believe to be Google Earth for Mac, I tried to install it, but keep getting a message that says since I did not download it from the Mac Applications Store I cannot install it. But when I go to the Mac Applications Store there is no Google Earth. What can I do to get Google Earth on my Mac? Thanks.
bayer40601 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2013, 08:36 PM   #6
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core
 
simsaladimbamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: located
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayer40601 View Post
I have been trying to download Google Earth to my MacBook. After downloading what I believe to be Google Earth for Mac, I tried to install it, but keep getting a message that says since I did not download it from the Mac Applications Store I cannot install it. But when I go to the Mac Applications Store there is no Google Earth. What can I do to get Google Earth on my Mac? Thanks.
You open System Preferences > Security > General > Allow applications downloaded from: and make your choice, as it is probably set to one of the upper two of the three options.
To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios
__________________
FREEdomly passports. Circumwent bürocrazy.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:27 PM   #7
bayer40601
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kentucky
Thanks.
bayer40601 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Macbook Pro Retina webcam light turns on when mounting or unmounting a program? alexanderasher MacBook Pro 14 Mar 14, 2014 10:56 PM
Encrypted disk image mounting without password brijazz OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 0 Mar 24, 2013 09:43 AM
Disk mounting / unmounting tool smellalot OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 11 Feb 2, 2013 11:01 AM
"Resource Temporarily Unavailable" when Mounting Disk Image faroZ06 OS X 0 Nov 7, 2012 05:58 PM
Google Announces New 3D Features for Google Earth, Is "Committed to Offering" Google Maps on 'All Platforms' MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 258 Jun 28, 2012 03:32 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC