Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:33 AM   #1
iHavequestions
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
All of a sudden, battery started draining fast! Why and what to do?

For some reason, last night the phone started to lose juice much faster than usual. I'm talking 50% within an hour or two.

And it's pretty wonky in general in terms of power. I plug it into my car charger, and at first it wasn't charging. I had to reboot the phone to get it to recognize the charger.

Also, I left it charging overnight, and this morning, it was at 93% instead of 100%. Weird...

Is this a common issue? And why did it happen all of a sudden when it was fine before? Anything I can do?
iHavequestions is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Leonard1818
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
What has changed on the phone since the last time it worked normally? If nothing then perhaps you should delete any accounts that are syncing with the phone and re-add them one-by-one. What all do you have syncing with the phone? I have an exchange for my google contacts, my gmail, and one for my school email and that's it.

Try removing ANYTHING that updates the handset (twitter, facebook, iCloud, etc) and see where that gets you.
Leonard1818 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:15 PM   #3
Tonecrafter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Did you turn cellular data off by chance? I had something similar happen. I had cell data off... and it turns out an SMS was trying to deliver. I was getting massive drain. I turned cell data on...received the sms and bingo... battery drain GONE.
Tonecrafter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 03:31 PM   #4
iHavequestions
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard1818 View Post
What has changed on the phone since the last time it worked normally? If nothing then perhaps you should delete any accounts that are syncing with the phone and re-add them one-by-one. What all do you have syncing with the phone? I have an exchange for my google contacts, my gmail, and one for my school email and that's it.

Try removing ANYTHING that updates the handset (twitter, facebook, iCloud, etc) and see where that gets you.
I downloaded a new app which I deleted. I don't really know of anything else. I mean, I opened some new apps for the first time too even though I downloaded them awhile ago. But closed them.

Do you mean delete email accounts? If nothing has changed, why would that affect anything? I'll do it just to do it though.

I'm losing about 1% every two minutes.
iHavequestions is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 04:28 PM   #5
vitzr
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHavequestions View Post
For some reason, last night the phone started to lose juice much faster than usual. I'm talking 50% within an hour or two.

And it's pretty wonky in general in terms of power. I plug it into my car charger, and at first it wasn't charging. I had to reboot the phone to get it to recognize the charger.

Also, I left it charging overnight, and this morning, it was at 93% instead of 100%. Weird...

Is this a common issue? And why did it happen all of a sudden when it was fine before? Anything I can do?
You have not shared what model phone and what iOS version you are running. Any advice at this point is pure guesswork.
vitzr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 04:30 PM   #6
iHavequestions
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzr View Post
You have not shared what model phone and what iOS version you are running. Any advice at this point is pure guesswork.
4s.
5.0.1
iHavequestions is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 5S, battery draining fast. thiagos iPhone 6 Feb 21, 2014 11:02 AM
MacBook Air battery draining too fast vancexxx MacBook Air 14 Dec 6, 2013 01:40 PM
Early 2011 Battery draining too fast kappaknight MacBook Pro 1 Sep 11, 2013 01:27 PM
Battery started draining quick. How to track ? soamz iPhone 6 Aug 20, 2013 07:15 PM
i'm wondering why my battery is draining so fast? aliensarecool iPhone 3 Sep 21, 2012 02:01 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC