Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Dec 2, 2011, 05:34 PM   #1
francis21
macrumors member

Ambient Light Sensing feature not working properly on keyboard?

Hey guys, I just have a question about the ambient light sensor feature on my Mid-2011 Macbook Air 11-inch model.

I've been using it several hours now, but I've noticed that with the "Automatically illuminate keyboard in low light" option in the Keyboard section in System Preferences, and I'm using my MBA in low-light conditions, it doesn't turn it on automatically.

The screen brightness works properly though in low-light conditions - changes appropriately. However, my keyboard backlit keyboard does not work that properly. I can turn it up and down properly.

Any suggestions on this one? Thanks guys!
francis21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:40 PM   #2
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis21 View Post
Hey guys, I just have a question about the ambient light sensor feature on my Mid-2011 Macbook Air 11-inch model.

I've been using it several hours now, but I've noticed that with the "Automatically illuminate keyboard in low light" option in the Keyboard section in System Preferences, and I'm using my MBA in low-light conditions, it doesn't turn it on automatically.

The screen brightness works properly though in low-light conditions - changes appropriately. However, my keyboard backlit keyboard does not work that properly. I can turn it up and down properly.

Any suggestions on this one? Thanks guys!
did u fix this?
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteIphone5 View Post
did u fix this?
Have we played with the F5/F6 keys yet?

And not all AIR releases have had backlit keyboard, this thread is about the 2011.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:33 AM   #4
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobb View Post
Have we played with the F5/F6 keys yet?

And not all AIR releases have had backlit keyboard, this thread is about the 2011.
yeah i have a mid-2011 i would like for it to automatically adjust the keyboard but it doesnt ... :/
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air