Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 2, 2011, 09:35 PM   #1
JTabarlet
macrumors newbie

iTunes not working with new iPhone 4

Ever since I got my new iPhone 4 on Halloween, iTunes has been acting weird. I downloaded iTunes 10.5 before I got my iPhone, and then plugged the phone in and activated it. All well and good. By the way, I am using a Hewlett-Packard g7 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

iTunes downloaded the new iOs 5 and asked if I wanted to upgrade. I said yes, and it recommended that I back up my iPhone. I tried to, but after about an hour of staring at the progress bar at the top, I gave up on the backup. I had to use the Task Manager to stop iTunes.

For a while, everything worked reasonably well; I was able to import my music library into iTunes and download music to my iPhone. I was even able to go to the iTunes store and buy a few songs.

Then, iTunes store quit working. I click on the store and iTunes freezes up (Task Manager time). If I click on my iPhone while it's connected to iTunes, it freezes up also.

I removed iTunes, QuickTime and all related software exactly as recommended on the Apple website, and re-installed them. No luck, same problems.

Can anyone help with this?

----------

I am using the 64 bit Windows 7 and the 64 bit iTunes.

The iPhone works perfectly on my office computer; backs up in about 30 seconds and all the syncing systems work as advertised.
JTabarlet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting