Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Dec 3, 2011, 03:48 AM   #1
WZRD
macrumors newbie

My MacBook Pro won't turn on

Last night I was just using my MacBook like usual when it suddenly just turned off. I tried turning back on but nothing happened all. Can't be because of low battery coz when I was using it was charging fine. I can't even tell if it is fully charged because the lights at the side to indicate wont work either. I don't know if it overheated or anything. Even if it did...is that how weak a MacBook is? I mean my last computer use to over heat sometimes but it would turn back on a few minutes.

I got it only 4 months ago..
WZRD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 03:55 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

Try Plugging In The Magsafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WZRD View Post
Last night I was just using my MacBook like usual when it suddenly just turned off. I tried turning back on but nothing happened all. Can't be because of low battery coz when I was using it was charging fine. I can't even tell if it is fully charged because the lights at the side to indicate wont work either. I don't know if it overheated or anything. Even if it did...is that how weak a MacBook is? I mean my last computer use to over heat sometimes but it would turn back on a few minutes.

And then press and hold down the power button. If that won't bring it back to life then it's still covered under warranty, take it back.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 03:59 AM   #3
WZRD
macrumors newbie

How long am I suppose to hold it down for? I seriously have to take it to get fixed? Are macs really this weak?
WZRD is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 04:03 AM   #4
Macman45
macrumors G5

Hold It Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by WZRD View Post
How long am I suppose to hold it down for? I seriously have to take it to get fixed? Are macs really this weak?
For 10 seconds or so, if that won't bring it back to life, then yes you will have to return it. You have just been unlucky, macs are usually rock solid. Best to get it fixed now, while you have cover. Hope it works out for you!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 05:34 AM   #5
miniConvert
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to miniConvert Send a message via MSN to miniConvert
Macs aren't 'weak', but you may have been unlucky enough to have received a faulty one. If so, that's what your warranty is for, and you should find that Apple are very helpful.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 01:24 PM   #6
praetorx
macrumors regular

I have experienced the opposite with my last 2010 MBP where I couldn't power it down. The thing had frozen and wouldn't turn off anymore. I had to leave it be for the battery to completely discharge.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:34 PM   #7
md301
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzrd View Post
last night i was just using my macbook like usual when it suddenly just turned off. I tried turning back on but nothing happened all. Can't be because of low battery coz when i was using it was charging fine. I can't even tell if it is fully charged because the lights at the side to indicate wont work either. I don't know if it overheated or anything. Even if it did...is that how weak a macbook is? I mean my last computer use to over heat sometimes but it would turn back on a few minutes.

i had mine repaired by apple few days ago... It was a simple malfunction.
md301 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:37 PM   #8
Mojo1
macrumors 65816

The last time I had a portable Mac repaired (a G4 iBook) I called Apple and a pre-paid shipping box arrived the next day. The repair took three days: one day going, one day there and one day coming back. No Worries!
Mojo1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro