Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulie6978

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
The Cradle of Liberty
I have a 4s and so does a friend. When I send him a text it is coming up with my email address instead of my contact name in his phone. I am on sprint and he is AT&T. Never had this problem and I don't even use the email address he sees.

What can the issue be. He is the only person in his phone and mine that comes up this way. Really stumped

ryan.go.habs

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Sounds like an iMessage. Not possible for it to be a regular text.
Settings -> Messages -> Receive At -> Caller ID -> Then select your number

paulie6978

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
The Cradle of Liberty
It's via iMessage. All my other contacts except my one friend it will come up as my number. It is the email I use for iCloud .

It's just my one friend this is happening to

Ritchie512

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2011
Outgoing text message coming up with my email address on my friends phone?

I have a friend that is having the same issue. She recently "Reset all Settings" and then started having this issue.

She sent me a message from my contact on her iPhone and it came over as a text. I responded and she did not recieve my response. She sent a second message from her original text that she sent me and I received a seperate text message from her that was from her email account.

Does anyone know what setting on her phone that has changed that is causing this to happen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.