Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fishyness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
I just upgraded my iMac to Lion, my Entourage has vanished. How do I transfer all of my Entourage files from my MacBook Pro and import into Mail, iCal & Address Book on my iMac. Third party service? If so, what works?

I see the writing on the wall -- now is the time to become familiar with Mail, et al. as it appears Entourage will soon be kicked to the curb!

Thanks in advance!

ObeseSquirrel

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
What version is it? That's a good place to start. If it's Entourage 2004, then it's Power PC and not supported by Lion. Maybe someone can help you find those files. If it's 2008, then Entourage (should) still be working for you.

Then again, I have just switched from Outlook to Mail, since Outlook has performed very badly for me since the Lion upgrade. Switching to Mail for good might not such a bad idea.

fishyness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
It was 2004 -- I had a 2011 Office upgrade (which didn't include Entourage) along with the Lion upgrade -- all of Entourage is now gone.

I'm searching for advice on how to download and transfer all of my e-mails and contacts from Entourage on my MBP and import them into Mail on the iMac.

----------

I had considered Outlook...but have read so many horrible reviews. I was comfortable with the Entourage features. Mail seems a bit more clunky (no drag and drop). But, I can see the advantages in the long run. Running searches instead of going to folders is just something to adjust to...

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I thought Entourage was horrible and was more than glad when Microsoft finally decided to replace it with Outlook. Is it perfect and is it the same as its Windows counterpart? No, but was still better than Entourage.

What you can try doing is look in the Microsoft data folder in your documents (if it's still there). In that folder should be your identity files. Perhaps from there you can try to get your old mail back.

fishyness

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Thanks for the reply,

I do have 'Entourage Script Menu Items' in Microsoft User Data.

The 'Open e-mail folder' says this upon opening:

(*
Save Selection...

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Opens the folder where e-mail is stored.

*)

on run

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"
set MudFldrPath to («class PMud») as alias
end tell

tell application "Finder"
open MudFldrPath
activate
end tell

end run

What do I do with that? I have no intention to purchase Outlook. If I could get all of my data recovered and put it into Mail without purchasing Outlook, great. Otherwise, I'd really like advice on exporting/importing my Entourage data from my MBP on to my iMac and into Mail, et al.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.