Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gvdv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
Hi,
In late 2007 I bought a Mac Pro, and immediately added several hard drives and some RAM.

Here are the full specs.

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 5 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B04
SMC Version: 1.7f8
OS X 10.6.8

I am wondering if my Mac Pro (after an update to OS X 10.7) will work with the newly released Dragon Dictate voice recognition software, and would be grateful if anyone here could give me any advice about this.

I know that the PC version (Dragon Naturally Speaking) has various requirements of the processor, and even though the Dragon homepage (http://www.nuance.com) simply says that the minimum system requirements are OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.7 Lion, I would not be surprised to learn that there are other technical requirements or considerations.

Thanks,
drutgat.

Redneck1089

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2004
It will work fine. I'm using it on my 2006 3 Ghz Mac Pro with 13 GB of Ram. Works great!

gvdv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
Hi Mr Ski 73, and Redneck 1089,
Many thanks for your replies.

I might look at increasing the amount of memory I have - although that could get to be an expensive proposition, but from Redneck's reply it sounds like I could get away with it with the 5 GB's RAM I already have.

Many thanks, once again,

gvdv

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.