Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applephysci

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
CA
I've been a huge fan, until of late when the biased reporting here has boiled down to being just plain intolerable.

Six months ago, this would have hit here before anywhere else.

There have been other similar incidents as well, but this is just plain ridiculous. While it's not always been the case, it has been for majority of the time at least of late. It's almost as if the site is now like... "If it's not favorable to Apple, we're not going to publish it, even if it is Apple related"...

Is Apple paying arn's salary?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I've been a huge fan, until of late when the biased reporting here has boiled down to being just plain intolerable.

Six months ago, this would have hit here before anywhere else.

There have been other similar incidents as well, but this is just plain ridiculous. While it's not always been the case, it has been for majority of the time at least of late. It's almost as if the site is now like... "If it's not favorable to Apple, we're not going to publish it, even if it is Apple related"...

Is Apple paying arn's salary?

While you are certainly entitled the express your opinion regarding MR's reportage, the highlighted above is gratuitously insulting and unnecessary.

allmIne

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2008
United Kingdom
While you are certainly entitled the express your opinion regarding MR's reportage, the highlighted above is gratuitously insulting and unnecessary.

It just isn't, at all. Unless you're one of those professionally offended individuals, of course.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Macrumors talking about Apple stuff? Preposterous. I'd never imagine such a thing :rolleyes:

Apple is pretty much the top of the game. Every company strives to be like them financially, many copy off of their product line, and Apple aggressively (sometimes questionably) protects their IP. Of course news articles will look like they "favor" Apple because Apple usually wins.

If you dig there are articles where Apple doesn't win, it just doesn't happen that often.

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
I too have wondered why they haven't posted this news story.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Maybe it's because there's practically a story about Samsung v Apple on the news wires every day and this one falls in line with other stories about Apple losing a battle to Samsung which were reported here on MR the other day.

That and Appleinsider already posted the story. Seems like MR and AI mimick each others stories anyway.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
The primarily reason? It hit on the weekend. We're short staffed on the weekend. It may still get picked up.

There are several other reasonable contributory reasons about why it didn't get picked up right away, but I've found it unproductive to try to argue with conspiracy theorists.

arn

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Maybe it's because there's practically a story about Samsung v Apple on the news wires every day and this one falls in line with other stories about Apple losing a battle to Samsung which were reported here on MR the other day.

That and Appleinsider already posted the story. Seems like MR and AI mimick each others stories anyway.

Agreed. I have zero interest in these stories until there is a final outcome in the lawsuit. These almost daily updates on the lawsuit are not interesting and I never even bother to read them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.