Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 4, 2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Kan-O-Z
macrumors 6502

Can't see new purchases on Apple TV. Possible settings problem?

My in-laws got a new Apple TV recently and I helped them set it up. I got it to the point where they are able to see all their content on their iMac. Recently they just purchased an HD movie on the iMac/iTunes and after downloading it (which took very long), it does not show up on the Apple TV. The other movies do show up.

Some additional information. They have a very slow internet connection. Its around 2MBps! Because of this, I set their Apple TV iTunes Store resolution to SD (under Settings>General>iTunes Store>Video Resolution). This way when they rent movies they will automatically get the SD version.

Is this setting by any chance causing the HD movies on their iMac to not show up? If so it seems like a bug since the setting is only for the iTunes Store on the Apple TV.

If this is not the reason, does anyone have any other ideas why the older movies on their iMac/iTunes show up on Apple TV but the newly purchased one doesn't?

Kan-O-Z
Kan-O-Z is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Kan-O-Z
macrumors 6502

Anyone that has HD movies purchased from iTunes and the latest Apple TV willing to give this a try. That is, set the Apple TV to SD and see if you can see HD content from your iTunes on your computer.

If that doesn't work, can you click the airplay icon in iTunes and play it that way?

Kan-O-Z
Kan-O-Z is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 05:20 AM   #3
slothrob
macrumors 6502

With SD selected in the Settings for the iTunes Store on the aTV, I can see HD content I bought from Apple under My Computer.
slothrob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:59 AM   #4
BoB 7
macrumors newbie

Something similar happened to me just recently. PITA! I kept getting error that this aTV was not authorized to play content. I had to break the connection between aTV and iTunes. Had to deauthorize computer, then reauthorize. relink aTV to iTunes, then resync all data.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater