Error creating bootcamp USB installation. - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:06 AM   #1
Alpina
macrumors newbie

Error creating bootcamp USB installation.

I'm trying to create a bootcamp installation of Win7x64on my 2011 MBA 13.

Using an ISO file and BootCamp assistant when it says copying windows files it suddenly stops at about 40% and nothing more seems to happen, I do spot some harddrive activity using activity controll put it seem painfully slow, any ideas?
Alpina is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:31 AM   #2
johnhurley
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

Using an ISO file and BootCamp assistant when it says copying windows files it suddenly stops at about 40% and nothing more seems to happen, I do spot some harddrive activity using activity controll put it seem painfully slow, any ideas?
I don't recall exactly how long it hangs at various spots but yeah it does look a little weird at times.

If I remember correctly my total time for doing the win 7 initial install was probably around 20 minute time frame ... ( maybe a little bit more ) ... before rebooting and putting in win 7 drivers etc.

Did you remember to format the bootcamp partition as NTFS ( advanced option ) before proceeding with the install?

Did your install eventually finish or did you abort out and if so how long were you waiting before ending?
johnhurley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:28 PM   #3
PaIvA
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

hi!
i'm also experiencing the same problem on my macbook air 11''... i started the boot camp assistant, select all three options and select my ISO of windows 7...
then the bootcamp formatted my usb flash drive and started to copy the ISO of windows 7 to the usb flash drive... but the it stop, and informed me that bootcamp assistant could made a bootable usb flash drive...

any ideas??
PaIvA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:40 AM   #4
johnhurley
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaIvA View Post
hi!
i'm also experiencing the same problem on my macbook air 11''... i started the boot camp assistant, select all three options and select my ISO of windows 7...
then the bootcamp formatted my usb flash drive and started to copy the ISO of windows 7 to the usb flash drive... but the it stop, and informed me that bootcamp assistant could made a bootable usb flash drive...

any ideas??
Maybe your usb drive is too small?
johnhurley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:56 PM   #5
PaIvA
macrumors member

problem solved..i tried with another ISO file and everything went well...i suppose my first ISO file was a corrupted file...
PaIvA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:00 PM   #6
zkaudio
macrumors member

having this EXACT problem right now and no my ISO is not corrupt, i have verified it on multiple machines and recopied it over... how did no one post a response but one guy?
zkaudio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2012, 09:43 AM   #7
Wossox
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkaudio View Post
having this EXACT problem right now and no my ISO is not corrupt, i have verified it on multiple machines and recopied it over... how did no one post a response but one guy?
I am experiencing the same thing right now. Bootcamp suddenly stops while copying windows archives and it ejects the usb and says that is is not ejected properly. I have tried with different USB's and different ISO's.. but it's all the same
Wossox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2012, 09:05 AM   #8
maiaz
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wossox View Post
I am experiencing the same thing right now. Bootcamp suddenly stops while copying windows archives and it ejects the usb and says that is is not ejected properly. I have tried with different USB's and different ISO's.. but it's all the same
as for me, helped preformattind USB via DiskUtility, manually creating FAT partition named WININSTALL. after this workaround all files copied w/o any problem.
maiaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:47 PM   #9
dopecho
macrumors newbie

restart solve it for me

I had the same problem and finally decided to restart my macbook. That solved the problem and the files copied successfully
dopecho is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac