Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Dec 5, 2011, 01:23 PM   #1
MoodyM
macrumors 6502a

Can't boot Windows with HFS+ drive attached

I installed Windows 7 onto my 2011 Mac Mini. For some reason, when I try to boot Windows with my 2.5TB HFS+ external USB drive attached, I just get a black screen, I don't even see the Windows splash screen/logo.

If I remove said drive, Windows boots fine.

Also, if the drive is attached after Windows boots, when I click the Boot Camp icon and choose "Restart in Mac OS X" I get the error "Could not locate the Mac OS X boot volume". Again, if the drive is unplugged, I can use the Boot Camp icon to restart in OS X just fine.

Any idea what's going on?
MoodyM is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac