Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Dec 5, 2011, 08:15 PM   #1
Hayes Bartlett
macrumors newbie

Question Mac with Xbox-360 Controller?

Hi, i've been trying to set up my wireless Xbox-360 controller with a USB cord that connects from the USB of the mac to the Xbox controller. My plan is to use it with Minecraft. I've used GamePad companion, ABGX360 GUI, USB Overdrive and so on... im wondering if there are any drivers that will work with the wireless controller with the cord to USB instead of the wireless reciver.
Really anything will help.
Hayes Bartlett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:26 PM   #2
DouchGod
macrumors regular

You using the plug and charge cable to do this because that cable transmits no data, i believe you have yo use a wireless receiver.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 08:10 AM   #3
Hayes Bartlett
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouchGod View Post
You using the plug and charge cable to do this because that cable transmits no data, i believe you have yo use a wireless receiver.
alright thats another $20. Thanks for the help!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 04:45 PM   #4
mdaviswv
macrumors newbie

Minecraft on mac

I'm considering buying a used macbook for my 8yr old to make sure he gets started off on the right foot. I use a late 07 macbook black and he currently monkies around on an even older pc laptop from before my days of enlightenment here. Anyway, he really wants to play minecraft but instead has been playing Fortress Craft on Xbox 360. I want to get him something new at Christmas and am considering a used macbook which would probably end up being an 07 as well. I guess what I'm asking since you have experience with mine craft, is it a safe bet that the game will play ok on an older macbook? I haven't let him put it on this one because I'm not ready to lose my computer every evening. Let me know your thoughts if you don't mind. Thanks!
Mike
mdaviswv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:00 PM   #5
Hayes Bartlett
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdaviswv View Post
I'm considering buying a used macbook for my 8yr old to make sure he gets started off on the right foot. I use a late 07 macbook black and he currently monkies around on an even older pc laptop from before my days of enlightenment here. Anyway, he really wants to play minecraft but instead has been playing Fortress Craft on Xbox 360. I want to get him something new at Christmas and am considering a used macbook which would probably end up being an 07 as well. I guess what I'm asking since you have experience with mine craft, is it a safe bet that the game will play ok on an older macbook? I haven't let him put it on this one because I'm not ready to lose my computer every evening. Let me know your thoughts if you don't mind. Thanks!
Mike
Im currently running a 2009 Macbook with my RAM upgraded to 4Gb. The 2007 Mac is good but if you got 4Gb of ram you will be set for it (i believe it only has 1Gb). Its not very costly and is easy to install if you look for a tutorial on Youtube.
-Hayes
Old Dec 9, 2011, 07:05 AM   #6
mdaviswv
macrumors newbie

Thanks. I may give it a whirl. Appreciate the advice.
mdaviswv is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion