Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Goofy Yno

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
I am having problems burning a short movie for my son's project onto a DVD (he needs it Thursday). I used to have IDVD, but can't find it since my fresh upgrade to lion. I've done a search and read that IDVD isn't working that well anymore. I have tried using both Quick time converter and just quick time. I seem to have got it once, but the audio skipped in and out.

any thoughts on how to do this , or do I need another ap?

(BTW I can't find the original Ilife disk to reload IDVD)

Goofy Yno

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Check if Roxio offers a trial of Toast.
Otherwise check if burn will make a DVD out of your QT file.

thanks, Burn worked.

But I'm going to have to find a better app for the future. I don't need a lot but chapters and some style would be nice. I don't mind spending a little for it, but $70 is a bit much for something I'm not going to use often.

careypo

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
Apple's Compressor 4 still burns DVDs. It doesn't give you any menu options, but it does a really good job for encoding.

SJSwains

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2012
London
Encoding problem with Burn

Hi there,

I'm currently using Burn for my movies edited in FCE4 and despite being basic it has worked really well so far. However a problem that I'm having at the moment is when I've encoded my QT movie to mpeg2 in Burn any sections of the film that have been either sped up or slowed down for effect show squiggly lines across the picture. I've tried adding compression markers and altering the few settings that I can in Burn, but the lines persist. The rest of the film is looking good, but any section where the speed is altered comes up with the horizontal lines.

I'm stuck. I filmed on my Canon 550d at 24ps.

If anyone can shed any light I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Sam

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.