Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 7, 2011, 02:46 AM   #1
himynameiscody
Banned

i can't drag pics on my PC to my iphone?

should be simple what am i doin wrong
himynameiscody is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 02:59 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

You Can't Drag Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameiscody View Post
should be simple what am i doin wrong
To your phone. You need to open iTunes, connect your phone using the cable provided (or use wifi sync if you are running IOS5) choose the folders where the pictures are stored and tick the boxes, then click sync.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 03:03 AM   #3
himynameiscody
Banned

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Damn was hoping Ite work like a storage device
himynameiscody is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 07:03 AM   #4
deeddawg
macrumors 601

Quote:
It doesn't. Never has. (essentially, someone may come up with an exception)

There are third party products that do give some level of this functionality, but I'm not familiar with them. I suspect Google would help though.
deeddawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 07:19 AM   #5
Small White Car
macrumors G3

Dropbox
(This one requires you to install their own program on your Mac or PC to work. That syncs with the iPhone app. It's nice 'cause their desktop application is just a normal folder...just drag and drop and that's it. It's easy and you don't need to use iTunes.)

Files Pro
Works just like a flash drive. The advantage over Dropbox is that it runs over USB instead of over the internet, so it will always work no matter where you are. This one works through iTunes. Once it's installed, go to the apps page of your iPhone when it's plugged into your computer, scroll down to the bottom, and you can drag stuff to it there.

Stash Pro
Kind of like Files Pro, but a bit smarter. Files Pro is just an empty folder, Stash tries to sort your stuff by file type, though, so you can see 'all photos' or 'all videos' and stuff like that.

And if you don't like any of these, search the app store. There are literally hundreds of others.
Small White Car is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 08:13 AM   #6
Gix1k
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

LOL!! Haven't we all.
Gix1k is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone