Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Behringer, a maker of professional audio and music equipment, is launching the world's loudest -- and largest -- iPhone dock. The iNuke Boom is 4 feet tall, 8 feet wide, weighs 700 pounds, and costs $29,999.

The product is real, though the only model in existence will be at Behringer's booth at CES as an attention grabber.

inuke.jpg

Behringer is using the iNuke to promote its new Eurosound line of consumer products, which will be introduced at CES 2012.

Article Link: Massive iPhone Dock Pumps Out Sound With 10,000 Watts of Power

imahawki

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
I don't quite agree with this...

What part don't you agree with. Behringer is a pro-audio equipment company. If you're going to dissect the word professional or have some commentary on the quality of their gear or a personal experience... lame.

Spyriadon

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
What part don't you agree with. Behringer is a pro-audio equipment company. If you're going to dissect the word professional or have some commentary on the quality of their gear or a personal experience... lame.

Have you used any of there gear?
Its on two ends of the spectrum, most of it is shoddy and hardly gets by, its all entry level stuff.

Then theres the occasional good product from them that tends to be a rip off of another companies bit of gear.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
Who's going to purchase this? 10,000 watts is an overkill. :roll eyes: $29,999 is slightly out of most people's budget.

It's not an actual product. It's essentially a tech demo for promotion. Kind of how TV makers show 100 inch TVs but never actually sell them.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France

You're right, I should've added more than a simple disagreement: everything I've used of theirs has been crap. Total crap. And yes, I do consider myself a bit of a gear snob. I won't hide that fact. I personally don't consider their gear "professional". Maybe pro-sumer at best but not professional.

Have you used any of there gear?
Its on two ends of the spectrum, most of it is shoddy and hardly gets by, its all entry level stuff.

Then theres the occasional good product from them that tends to be a rip off of another companies bit of gear.

Agreed.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA

I thought it was a pretty clever way to express his disapproval of their equipment and made perfectly clear what he meant. It's not his fault if you're deficient at recognizing figurative language.

RMBittner

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2011

I do understand where the OP is coming from. In my experience as a home-studio owner, Behringer makes highly affordable, good gear for home-based recording enthusiasts. It's solid, it's cheap. But I would be *very* surprised to see Behringer gear in any professional recording-studio environment. It's just not at that level.

OTOH, this is clearly just a posting of a Behringer press release, about a one-of-a-kind product for a trade show. Certainly they should be free to describe themselves however they want to in their press releases.

Bob

Vol7ron

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2009
Derry, NH

Their gear is horrible. everything i bought of theirs died within a year. 2 mixers, eq, feedback destroyer, compressor. All worthless junk. They are def not a pro audio company. More like a want-abe company....

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
this is the kind of thing goofball engineers joke about at lunch.

that someone actually did this is a little hilarious and a little awesome.

room237

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Queens, NYC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

How practical!!!

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
I wonder how many microfarads the filter capacitors are. How many output transistors are there? Did they use a formula to get the 10,000 Watt rating, or find some (say 8Ω if the internal speakers are 8Ω) resistors that could handle 10,000 Watts, inject a 1KHz sine wave, and check for clipping on an oscilloscope?

It could be that BS that Samsung, Sony, and other use in their home theater systems. I'm sorry, but that little amp in that subwoofer has the same change of outputting 1000W as I do. More like 100W total, and 20 watts per channel.

charliex5

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2008
Seattle, WA
I don't quite agree with this...

I was just going to post the same thing! Behringer makes the cheapest quality gear I have ever used. I bought one of their compressors once and immediately returned it.

I wonder how long it will take for this hunk of junk to break like all their other equipment.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Thanks for nothing.

This is just like the awesome concept cars at auto shows :( I want one, everyone wants one, we all need one, but they’ll never actually sell it to the public! :mad:

I’ve got a spare room at least 8 feet wide, and I like things that make sounds. But I guess Behringer just wants me to use the space to hoard newspapers :rolleyes: Thanks for nothing.

I guess I’ll have to buy another “me-too” under-four-feet-wide iPhone dock.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
The product is real, though the only model in existence will be at Behringer's booth at CES as an attention grabber.

Contradiction. If there's only one, it's not a "product". It's a prototype, or a publicity stunt.

(P.S. To run 10,000 Watts, you'd need to use a 220 Volt circuit with greater than 40 Amps - more than your average electric stove or electric dryer circuit.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.