Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 7, 2011, 06:00 PM   #1
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Secret Tablet Sleeve

Anyone know of anything like this in the US? I went to order, but $20 shipping killed it for me. Its just a sleeve that looks like an envelope, I should be able to find something, but searches for envelope and iPad seem to have a ton of results. Plus I'd like some feedback on quality of any of them.

http://www.bouf.com/buy/product/5871...-Tablet-Sleeve
jjk454ss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 08:43 PM   #2
MathRulz
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Atlanta
BoxWave has something similar--the Manila iPad/iPad 2 Leather Envelope $30 from Amazon. Also the Evouni E09-0.
__________________
27" iMac 2010 | iPad 2 | 11" MBA 2012 | Apple TV 3
MathRulz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 08:48 PM   #3
jjk454ss
Thread Starter
macrumors 68040
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathRulz View Post
BoxWave has something similar--the Manila iPad/iPad 2 Leather Envelope $30 from Amazon. Also the Evouni E09-0.
Thanks, I saw the boxwave sleeve, but not the evouni one. I really like the look of the padded mailer one though. Still hoping for something closer to the Undercover one.
jjk454ss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 03:51 PM   #4
RossMc
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle, UK
Here it is on eBay from a UK seller though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNDERCOVER-T...ht_1501wt_1144

They ship worldwide message them to see how much shipping is to there.
__________________
64GB iPad Air, 15" Macbook Pro, iPhone 5
RossMc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2011, 08:48 PM   #5
jjk454ss
Thread Starter
macrumors 68040
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMc View Post
Here it is on eBay from a UK seller though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNDERCOVER-T...ht_1501wt_1144

They ship worldwide message them to see how much shipping is to there.
I heard back from them, and the "can't ship to the US." Oh well, thanks anyway.
jjk454ss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:34 PM   #6
amazonpam
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Wait a while

I did a goole search and this item seems to be only sold in Europe. But the same company makes a laptop version which is sold in the States in several places, so I think it will eventually land on these shores'
amazonpam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:26 PM   #7
jjk454ss
Thread Starter
macrumors 68040
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonpam View Post
I did a goole search and this item seems to be only sold in Europe. But the same company makes a laptop version which is sold in the States in several places, so I think it will eventually land on these shores'
I hope someone starts to carry it in the US. But by the time the do I will probably have found some other cool case I will want instead.
jjk454ss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:25 AM   #8
amazonpam
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Found it!!

Think Geek has it. They only show a picture of the laptop sleeve but under features describe the tablet version which you can select to buy.
amazonpam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:52 AM   #9
jjk454ss
Thread Starter
macrumors 68040
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonpam View Post
Think Geek has it. They only show a picture of the laptop sleeve but under features describe the tablet version which you can select to buy.
Thanks, just ordered one.
jjk454ss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:16 PM   #10
amazonpam
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Review, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
Thanks, just ordered one.
Wondering if it's big enough to hold an ipad in a portfolio folder?
amazonpam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:56 PM   #11
jjk454ss
Thread Starter
macrumors 68040
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonpam View Post
Wondering if it's big enough to hold an ipad in a portfolio folder?
I should receive mine on Friday. I will let you know.
jjk454ss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:01 AM   #12
jjk454ss
Thread Starter
macrumors 68040
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Got the Secret Tablet Sleeve. It is what I wanted as far as looks, but it offers almost no padding for protection. A real bubble mailer envelope would have more padding, I should have purchased one and stuck my own Velcro on it.

It does have plenty of room to hold an iPad in a folio type case, then the padding would be less of a concern anyway.
jjk454ss is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 09:52 AM   #13
SethKOne
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
Got the Secret Tablet Sleeve. It is what I wanted as far as looks, but it offers almost no padding for protection. A real bubble mailer envelope would have more padding, I should have purchased one and stuck my own Velcro on it.

It does have plenty of room to hold an iPad in a folio type case, then the padding would be less of a concern anyway.
I will admit to reading this thread and thinking "I don't get it". Are you trying to hide the fact that you have an iPad? It looks awkward to place and remove the iPad in it. Finally, as pointed out, why not use an actual Mailing envelope with minor modifications? This is not a knock, I just feel like I don't understand the "use case" here.
SethKOne is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2011, 04:03 PM   #14
jjk454ss
Thread Starter
macrumors 68040
 
jjk454ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethKOne View Post
I will admit to reading this thread and thinking "I don't get it". Are you trying to hide the fact that you have an iPad? It looks awkward to place and remove the iPad in it. Finally, as pointed out, why not use an actual Mailing envelope with minor modifications? This is not a knock, I just feel like I don't understand the "use case" here.
Not really trying to hide it, I have a smart cover and a zagg leather skin on the back, I just like a simple sleeve to keep it clean in my car or in a bag and thought these looked cool. That's all.
jjk454ss is online now   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General: Secret folder/Secret app jjk454ss Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 2 Jan 7, 2014 10:21 AM
13" rMBP Sleeve: The Hunt for the Perfect Sleeve is Over! ducatiti MacBook Pro 0 Dec 25, 2013 10:51 PM
sfbags HINT leather sleeve with window- Great sleeve/pouch! viewfly iPhone Accessories 2 Mar 27, 2013 06:18 PM
iPad: Verizon Deluxe Tablet Sleeve $0.99!!! - Dead- Infinite Jest iPad Accessories 51 Dec 14, 2012 02:16 PM
iPad Mini: Best iPad Mini Sleeve - Neoprene Case for Nook Tablet (NOW WITH PICS) iSingandiDance iPad Accessories 1 Dec 10, 2012 03:15 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC