Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Dec 7, 2011, 07:38 PM   #1
rebmarie
macrumors newbie

I restored it and it wont turn on.

My iPod touch wont turn on. I have it sitting on the charger right now. I couldn't find my charger for a while and I finally found it tonight (just moved and it was in an unpacked box). So my iPod has a been dead for a while and I didn't think anything of it. I restored it before it died because my son, who was 2 at the time, did something to it and it wouldn't work. It wouldn't go online or allow me to log into my iTunes account through it so I restored it to factory settings.
What should I do?
rebmarie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 08:44 PM   #2
likethesoup2
macrumors 6502a

Give it some time on the charger. If it's really dead, it might take a little while.

It's probably gonna be alright though . . .
likethesoup2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 09:07 PM   #3
rebmarie
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by likethesoup2 View Post
Give it some time on the charger. If it's really dead, it might take a little while.

Ok thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 01:10 PM   #4
rebmarie
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by likethesoup2 View Post

Alright, I kept it the charger all night. It is still sitting on the charger and has yet to turn on. I have pressed the power button and pressed both the power button and the other one. Should I wait longer or is it something I am going to have to take to an apple store?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:06 AM   #5
Tech Elementz
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebmarie View Post
Alright, I kept it the charger all night. It is still sitting on the charger and has yet to turn on. I have pressed the power button and pressed both the power button and the other one. Should I wait longer or is it something I am going to have to take to an apple store?
Why don't you try going to DFU mode if it even turns on?
Tech Elementz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:15 AM   #6
tehpea
macrumors member

You say your son might have done something to it... Check the moisture indicator on the headphone jack. Maybe it won't charge because your son stuck the iPod in his mouth.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3302
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:56 AM   #7
BrunoWill
Banned

Does your iTunes can recognize your iPod? If not, I think you can connect with iTunes and then hold on home and power button till iTunes told you there is an unknown device need to be restored.
BrunoWill is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch