Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 7, 2011, 07:40 PM   #1
ryajohns
macrumors newbie

Ipad 2 Baklight on but NO display!!

Hey guys,
Today I embarked on replacing my Ipad 2 Glass/Digitizer as the old one was cracked from a fall.. I got everything taken apart and hooked up the new digitizer hooked the LCD back up, then I put the screws in the Screen because i was not sure if there are any pressure sensors for it to come on. I wanted to do a test of the Digitizer to see if it was working I powered on the Ipad, and the backlight came on I waited and waited no image. I then tried to do a hard reset holding the home/menu and power button all the sudden the voice over lady came on. I know when I hit power It turns the back light on and off. So then I tried Holding the power until she said Power Ipad off. I tried around on the digitizer and successfully turned it off so I know that the digitizer is working too. I am at a loss with this one Please Help!
ryajohns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:31 AM   #2
raygedstad
macrumors newbie

Backlight but no image

Did you find a fix to your problem, I have the same problem, I aquired one that somebody tried to replace the digitizer on, same thing, I did get a vga adapter and plugged it into a monitor, and the display is there! No display on lcd whatsoever, faint blue backlight is all... Tried hard reset, restore, dfu restore, to no avail..
raygedstad is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting