Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryajohns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Hey guys,
Today I embarked on replacing my Ipad 2 Glass/Digitizer as the old one was cracked from a fall.. I got everything taken apart and hooked up the new digitizer hooked the LCD back up, then I put the screws in the Screen because i was not sure if there are any pressure sensors for it to come on. I wanted to do a test of the Digitizer to see if it was working I powered on the Ipad, and the backlight came on I waited and waited no image. I then tried to do a hard reset holding the home/menu and power button all the sudden the voice over lady came on. I know when I hit power It turns the back light on and off. So then I tried Holding the power until she said Power Ipad off. I tried around on the digitizer and successfully turned it off so I know that the digitizer is working too. I am at a loss with this one Please Help!

raygedstad

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Backlight but no image

Did you find a fix to your problem, I have the same problem, I aquired one that somebody tried to replace the digitizer on, same thing, I did get a vga adapter and plugged it into a monitor, and the display is there! No display on lcd whatsoever, faint blue backlight is all... Tried hard reset, restore, dfu restore, to no avail..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.