Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appolose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Hello, I registered solely to figure out the name of an old Mac game I played, because it's been nagging at me for a few years now.

So, if it's not minded that I exploit you guys...

Older Mac game (I think)
First person perspective
Point and click-esque

You'd start out facing an elevator (I recall), which you'd enter and select the down lever(?) to head down to a series of connected rooms. If you put the lever in the middle, you could reach a secret floor with one room.

Anyways, on the main floor, you could enter various rooms and play assorted little games, one of which you'd control a little toaster to catch toast dropping off the ledge of a cliff.

And that's about all I can recall.

Thraun

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2008
Abbotsford, BC
Sounds like Spelunx and the Caves of Dr. Pseudo to me.

Holy crap, but did I spend many childhood hours playing that amazing freaking game. Made by Cyan, who did MYST and Riven, among others.

appolose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Sounds like Spelunx and the Caves of Dr. Pseudo to me.

Holy crap, but did I spend many childhood hours playing that amazing freaking game. Made by Cyan, who did MYST and Riven, among others.

Ahhhhh, yes, that's it! Bless you, it's finally named!

That was a weird game, eh? Quite interesting.

FrostBR

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2011
Man, I'm looking for a game that I used to play.

It was a hunchback guy who hits the upper floor to kill the enemies that are walking.
something like "mario" that hits the upper blocks to kill the enemies.
But it was a humpback and you have to kill a sequence of enemies that keep coming.

It was possible to play with two players. I also remember a voice of a baby laugh when something good happens

Tanks! :D

Daxeria

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2008
Man, I'm looking for a game that I used to play.

It was a hunchback guy who hits the upper floor to kill the enemies that are walking.
something like "mario" that hits the upper blocks to kill the enemies.
But it was a humpback and you have to kill a sequence of enemies that keep coming.

It was possible to play with two players. I also remember a voice of a baby laugh when something good happens

Tanks! :D

Bonkheads :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.