Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rangerhall6

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2005
South Carolina
I just got a song from iTunes and the song plays fine on the computer. The problem is when i put the song on my iPod and played it later in my car the song cut off in the middle of the song. I tried playing it again and it did the same thing. I took the song off my iPod and put it back on and still the same thing happens. I dont know what to do... any advice on how to fix it or can i talk to apple and get my money back? (also sad to say that it is on windows but i will be switching as soon as the ibooks are updated)

musiclover137

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2005
something similar happened to me.

i had a whole album stop playing with 20 seconds remaining, on my iPod. i checked the ending time on iTunes and everything was normal

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I've had a couple of buys from iTMS that behaved oddly. One I was able to re-download, and the issue went away. The other, I re-downloaded and it still did it, and they refunded me. The weird thing is that I'm the only one that the latter song behaves strangely for, and I have no idea why. They were very friendly though, and didn't make fun of me at all when I told them that I Touch Myself was crashing my iTunes.... :)

Rangerhall6

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2005
South Carolina
mkrishnan said:
I've had a couple of buys from iTMS that behaved oddly. One I was able to re-download, and the issue went away. The other, I re-downloaded and it still did it, and they refunded me. The weird thing is that I'm the only one that the latter song behaves strangely for, and I have no idea why. They were very friendly though, and didn't make fun of me at all when I told them that I Touch Myself was crashing my iTunes.... :)
haha, thats pretty funny... well im glad there is something i can do. I was going to talk to the customer service but i need to wait for a number to show up in my email to prove i bought it. I guess ill get on that asap. I hope this kind of thing doesnt happen when videos are able to play on iPods. Thanks for the help.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Rangerhall6 said:
haha, thats pretty funny... well im glad there is something i can do. I was going to talk to the customer service but i need to wait for a number to show up in my email to prove i bought it. I guess ill get on that asap. I hope this kind of thing doesnt happen when videos are able to play on iPods. Thanks for the help.

I actually said, "I bought this song and I haven't received a receipt yet." I think they can see what you did and didn't buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.