Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Dec 10, 2011, 06:41 AM   #1
BadboyHouse
macrumors regular

How do I set up a separate iCloud account for my partner?

My partner and I both have iPhones. We obviously share the main apple id so that if I download an app or buy a song, she won't have to pay to download them if she wants them, and vice versa.

I have iCloud set up on my phone and in the iCloud settings, in the account box it shows the main email address for the apple id. This is fine and works perfectly for me.

I want to configure iCloud on my partner's iPhone so that she can use photo stream, sync her bookmarks, use find my phone etc but I do want everything separate - I don't want her bookmarks or photos on my iPhone.

What do I need to do in order to configure iCloud on her iPhone? I presume I need to create a separate account or something?

This must be a common thing I guess.

Thanks in advance.
BadboyHouse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 09:03 AM   #2
James Godfrey
macrumors regular

Hi

I have done this for me and my partner, but this will keep EVERYTHING in iCloud seperate, (seperate contacts, find my iphone, calendars etc)

This is what you need to do....

On your partners iPhone go to settings>icloud (scroll to the bottom and click delete account (on your partners phone only, this will only delete your iCloud from your partners phone).

Then go back into settings>icloud again and instead of signing in with your shared Apple ID, scroll down and click create new apple ID, this will then ask if you would like to use an existing email address or create a free @me.com email address (this depends on what your partner wants, if like you want your iCloud email address as your only email address then create the free @me.com email addy.

It will then ask if you would like to use this as an Apple ID press yes (or whatever option it gives you) and thats it iCloud all set-up for your partner.

You will be a little jealous that your partner can have her iCloud email address as her apple ID (this seems to be limited to new accounts only at the mo).

Hope this helps.

James
James Godfrey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:59 PM   #3
BadboyHouse
macrumors regular

Thanks James.

That all worked absolutely fine. Cheers!
BadboyHouse is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services