Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:57 AM   #1
JonnyAlpha
macrumors member

Red face Updated Latest OS and IPad Restored to Factory Settings

Just plugged my iPad2 into my Macbook Pro to charge it up and was told that an IOS software update was available so I selected to download it. Before it started I was prompted to backup some new Apps on the iPad to iTunes. Once it finished it started to restore my Mac to Factory Settings!!!! Agghhh!!!

After it finished I noticed that it had not removed some notes I had written the day before but all of my music had been removed.

Is this normal after an IOS update?

Ta
JonnyAlpha is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:22 AM   #2
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyAlpha View Post
Just plugged my iPad2 into my Macbook Pro to charge it up and was told that an IOS software update was available so I selected to download it. Before it started I was prompted to backup some new Apps on the iPad to iTunes. Once it finished it started to restore my Mac to Factory Settings!!!! Agghhh!!!

After it finished I noticed that it had not removed some notes I had written the day before but all of my music had been removed.

Ta
It restored your Mac to factory settings or your ipad?
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:40 AM   #3
haruhiko
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyAlpha View Post

Ta
1. I assume that your iPad 2 was restored to "factory settings" instead of your Mac.
2. You should've used the software update feature ON your iPad 2 (if it's on iOS 5 or later) instead of iTunes

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad