Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etsi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
Hello,

Everytime I boot the boot manager appears and I have to choose the disk in order to boot. I have already set the default boot disk but every time I have to select it at boot manager. How can I bypass the boot manager and always boot from the disk which contains the OS?

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
Hello,

Everytime I boot the boot manager appears and I have to choose the disk in order to boot. I have already set the default boot disk but every time I have to select it at boot manager. How can I bypass the boot manager and always boot from the disk which contains the OS?

Are you talking the straight up apple firmware is having an issue or are you using some 3rd party boot manager of some kind?

etsi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
I haven't installed any other boot manager, I am using the default mac os boot manager. I have two internal hard disks but only the one is the boot disk. I need to find a way to always chose the mac os and boot and not ask me every time. In mac os the only disk listed as default boot disk is the correct one.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...maybe try zapping the p-ram (boot while holding the command+option+p+r until you hear the "bong" a couple times) then resetting the startup disc in the control panel. Sometimes that resolves issues like this....oh yeah!

etsi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
I have tried command+option+p+r at boot but no double sound, seems like reseting is not working on mac mini 2011?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.