Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zee824

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Hi I have a late 2008 MacBook that I'm having to play wow on for the next few weeks and I wanted to know is there some way I can increase the fps. I'm a hardcore raider and am needed fro progression in my 25 man team but the best I am getting is 1 fps (not 100% sure that it is 1fps seems like 0.5fps) I have most of my addons turned off except the must haves. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I am normally playing on a mac pro so this is really bad for me.

Zee824

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
go back to your mac pro.

i would but its graphics card is fried. idiot friend of mine tried to overclock it when he was putting in an ssd for me. he is gonna pay for it to be repaired but thats in a few weeks coz he hasen't got his student loan yet.

Zee824

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Put everything on low. Pray to your choice diety. You're using a mac for hardcore gaming :p

macs are good at playing wow hardcore and every thing is already on low and i have prayed multiple times lol

Last edited:

minifridge1138

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
macs are good at playing wow hardcore and every thing is already on low and i have prayed multiple times lol

No, they're not really.

You might have better luck with Windows on bootcamp. You'll probably get better graphics drivers.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania

I meant Macbook - especially cerca 2007 era ones, as they only had an integrated graphics card which was downright horrible. However, they do suck, in general. When I last played WoW, there was a definite framerate increase while running under bootcamp.

Zee824

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
I meant Macbook - especially cerca 2007 era ones, as they only had an integrated graphics card which was downright horrible. However, they do suck, in general. When I last played WoW, there was a definite framerate increase while running under bootcamp.

Ah yea the MacBooks of that time do suck for gaming but it is playable in a 10 man just not in a 25 man the strangest thing is it only happens in raids in a 40man battleground it's playable (by playable I mean between 5-15 fps) but in a 25 man raid it's not playable :/ don't know what to do I'm a main tank and the other tank hasn't got good enought gear yet. I'm gonna have to quit 25 mans for a few weeks I think.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I wonder if WOW turns down the effects automatically when there's more players in a dungeon. This is just a theory, but it might help if you look for some sort of command that will disable effects even more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.