Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
I have apple TV and when I rent a movie from Apple, it takes a minute to load.. My co worker just got apple tv and when he rents a move it says 2:45 to load... just says loading... The movie is charged to his itunes account but he cant watch it.. just says loading... Anyone know why?? Like I said mine takes about a minute to load... thanks!!

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Sounds like a slow Internet connection or network trouble either locally or in the hops between you and the server it's getting the shows from.

I rented a show from iTunes last night and it worked in seconds.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
I rented a movie sat night and it took seconds too... When he told me it took 2 hours to load something is WRONG! Ill have him do a speed test tonight! Thanks guys!

Vikingobsessed

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2011
south dakota
I had this trouble

too, to the point of Bridesmaids never downloading at all...7+ hours and it would never start. I have and extremely slow DSL (1.5MBS) and tried renting another movie at the same time...too small bandwidth to do both. I contacted Apple and they refunded my $ for Bridesmaids which freed up my ATV2 to download the other movie. I solved this by renting on my mac which then obviously streams to my ATV2...I rent at night and by morning I have it. We can't get faster DSL because of where we live....same speed since 2004. Thank you Qwest/Century link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.