Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:10 PM   #1
dmusicman385
macrumors regular

Exclamation Voicemail Notifications

Hello all, I tried searching for this but cannot find it anywhere. I am not getting voicemail notifications on my iPhone, and haven't since I got the phone. This is not a big issue to me which is why I waited so long (don't check voicemails much anyhow, I just call back) but now that I am engaged and will be preparing for a wedding, I need this to work. If I call the voicemail, I get the messages. But I never get notified I have any. How do I fix this?

I am on Sprint and have no other issues. Wondering if there was a way to fix it at home before I have to go to the store. Thanks!
dmusicman385 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:16 PM   #2
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

Do you possibly have any of the issues discussed here:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/78790

It's possible depending on the phone you had before that your system is still set up to use Google for VMs, which you cannot do simultaneously with visual voicemail, or else Sprint may have to otherwise re-set your VM account.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:18 PM   #3
mattraehl
macrumors 6502

You will only get notifications if Visual Voicemail is setup on your phone. If you're dialing in for voicemail then you're probably not using VV. I don't know what that setup process is like for Sprint but with Verizon I just selected Phone > Voicemail and it asked me to record a greeting and then it was setup.
mattraehl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:36 PM   #4
dmusicman385
macrumors regular

Thanks I think I will have to call or bring it in. I'll bring it to the Sprint store later this week. Appreciate the tips!
dmusicman385 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone