Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:14 PM   #1
miss.manson
macrumors 6502a
 
miss.manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
h20 wireless on iphone 4s?

Hey guys, I'm new here. I know this question has been asked a few times, but I can never find the exact answer I'm looking for. I plan to buy a used or new iphone 4s and use h20 wireless on it. Will the h20 sim card activate my phone or do I need to use an at&t sim card? I know that h20 runs on the same towers as at&t so would it work? Thanks in advanced.
miss.manson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:19 PM   #2
Crystal-RX
macrumors 68030
 
Crystal-RX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.manson View Post
Hey guys, I'm new here. I know this question has been asked a few times, but I can never find the exact answer I'm looking for. I plan to buy a used or new iphone 4s and use h20 wireless on it. Will the h20 sim card activate my phone or do I need to use an at&t sim card? I know that h20 runs on the same towers as at&t so would it work? Thanks in advanced.
If you buy factory unlocked 4S, then your H2O sim works on it. But, if you buy a 4S that locks to AT&T, it will not work.
Crystal-RX is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:21 PM   #3
miss.manson
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
miss.manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Hmmm...I've been hearing it works with the at&t iphones. this is confusing the hell out of me.
miss.manson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:27 PM   #4
labman
macrumors 604
 
labman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mich near Detroit
as far as I know H20 uses the AT&T network and my understanding is they didn't have to be unlocked to be on it. I know many reported that with the I4 any way.. however if you bought the 4s from ATT you would still have to pay ETF any way and the cost would be about the same as buying a factory unlocked any way. Which would also have a higher resale value latter.
__________________
IP4+Hackintosh Pro Joining AT&T PM me get $25 Dev-Teams Blog My TwitterCan I JB/UL my device Click here
labman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:27 PM   #5
Crystal-RX
macrumors 68030
 
Crystal-RX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.manson View Post
Hmmm...I've been hearing it works with the at&t iphones. this is confusing the hell out of me.
As per other members in this forum, it works with Iphone 4.

Last edited by Crystal-RX; Dec 12, 2011 at 09:42 PM.
Crystal-RX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:30 PM   #6
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
as far as I know H20 uses the AT&T network and my understanding is they didn't have to be unlocked to be on it. I know many reported that with the I4 any way.. however if you bought the 4s from ATT you would still have to pay ETF any way and the cost would be about the same as buying a factory unlocked any way. Which would also have a higher resale value latter.
This is my understanding also.
A quick Google search should confirm this if OP really cares.
__________________
iPhone 6+ iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:32 PM   #7
miss.manson
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
miss.manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
This is my understanding also.
A quick Google search should confirm this if OP really cares.
I've searched all over the web. I keep getting different answers.
miss.manson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:40 PM   #8
Crystal-RX
macrumors 68030
 
Crystal-RX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.manson View Post
I've searched all over the web. I keep getting different answers.
I retract my earlier message. I saw member in this forum confirmed it works on H2O sim. There is a thread in here talking about this as well. I have link it here for your reference.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1063840
Crystal-RX is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:43 PM   #9
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.manson View Post
I've searched all over the web. I keep getting different answers.
Really ??
Go to this website

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...work_operators

and look up H2O in chart

(60 seconds with Google)
__________________
iPhone 6+ iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:47 PM   #10
miss.manson
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
miss.manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
Really ??
Go to this website

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...work_operators

and look up H2O in chart

(60 seconds with Google)
So are you saying it will work or what? That doesn't really tell me much except that it runs on the same towers as at&t, which I already knew.
miss.manson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:50 PM   #11
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.manson View Post
So are you saying it will work or what? That doesn't really tell me much except that it runs on the same towers as at&t, which I already knew.
Yes, H2O uses The AT&T network
That is why I directed you to that chart
No jailbreak or unlock required
Call H2O and they can re-assure you
__________________
iPhone 6+ iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:59 PM   #12
miss.manson
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
miss.manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
Yes, H2O uses The AT&T network
That is why I directed you to that chart
No jailbreak or unlock required
Call H2O and they can re-assure you
Thank you so much. I actually tried to call them today but was on hold for 30 minutes so I finally gave up. Do I need to buy an iphone that has already been activated or will an h20 sim activate it just fine?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal-RX View Post
I retract my earlier message. I saw member in this forum confirmed it works on H2O sim. There is a thread in here talking about this as well. I have link it here for your reference.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1063840
Thanks so much. I saw this post before too..Just need to know if an h20 card will activate my phone.
miss.manson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:06 PM   #13
kguerrero
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MASS, WHATS UP BABY!?!
The H2O simcard will activate your iPhone 4/4S, I deal with this on a daily basis.

-H2O Wireless authorized dealer.

edit: Just have in mind picture messaging (MMS) will not work with the iPhone 4s as you need a jailbreak in order for you to configure the settings correctly.
kguerrero is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:08 PM   #14
miss.manson
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
miss.manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguerrero View Post
The H2O simcard will activate your iPhone 4/4S, I deal with this on a daily basis.

-H2O Wireless authorized dealer.
thanks. will be doing this within the next week or two.
miss.manson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:20 PM   #15
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguerrero View Post
The H2O simcard will activate your iPhone 4/4S, I deal with this on a daily basis.

-H2O Wireless authorized dealer.

edit: Just have in mind picture messaging (MMS) will not work with the iPhone 4s as you need a jailbreak in order for you to configure the settings correctly.
Yep, you need a hack to make the APN settings section visible so you can enter the correct settings
__________________
iPhone 6+ iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:22 PM   #16
miss.manson
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
miss.manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
Yep, you need a hack to make the APN settings section visible so you can enter the correct settings
My biggest concern right now is just mainly texting/calling and basically just using the phone. haha. I'm sure I'll jailbreak it for those settings later on. Thank you guys!
miss.manson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:28 PM   #17
dhlizard
macrumors G3
 
dhlizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Jailbreak Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.manson View Post
My biggest concern right now is just mainly texting/calling and basically just using the phone. haha. I'm sure I'll jailbreak it for those settings later on. Thank you guys!
I think the hack that many use to expose the APN settings to enter MMS settings is "tetherme" but I cannot guarantee it 100%
__________________
iPhone 6+ iPhone 5S
iPad 4 iPad Air AppleTV 2
MacBook Pro Two iMacs

Look for me here
dhlizard is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:12 PM   #18
miss.manson
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
miss.manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
If the iPhone 4s is not able to be jailbroken, how would I get mms?
miss.manson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:25 PM   #19
TheBigKing
macrumors 6502a
 
TheBigKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PR
I cancel my att contract i will pay the ETF and get h2o i just buy the sim cards on ebay waiting to arrives to set up
__________________
i iPhone 5s 32GB Silver , Macbook Pro 13, 8GB Ram 500 GB HD
TheBigKing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:07 PM   #20
miss.manson
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
miss.manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKing View Post
I cancel my att contract i will pay the ETF and get h2o i just buy the sim cards on ebay waiting to arrives to set up
hmmm. Let me know how that goes. I'm going to use it on a brand new iphone 4s.
__________________
"There Are Things Known, and Things Unknown, and In Between Are the Doors of Perception" - William Blake
miss.manson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:44 PM   #21
kguerrero
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MASS, WHATS UP BABY!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlizard View Post
I think the hack that many use to expose the APN settings to enter MMS settings is "tetherme" but I cannot guarantee it 100%
You Sir are correct, at least that's what I use when I need to fix MMS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.manson View Post
If the iPhone 4s is not able to be jailbroken, how would I get mms?
I'm afraid you will not be able to MMS until the 4S is jailbroken. I haven't heard of any other method to get MMS working. In fact, on the H2O Dealer Portal there's a note that if a customer wants MMS their iPhone must be jailbroken.
kguerrero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:46 PM   #22
miss.manson
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
miss.manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
I just bought a brand new iphone 4s 64gb. Once I pop my trimmed down sim into the phone it will work right?
__________________
"There Are Things Known, and Things Unknown, and In Between Are the Doors of Perception" - William Blake
miss.manson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:49 PM   #23
kguerrero
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MASS, WHATS UP BABY!?!
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.manson View Post
I just bought a brand new iphone 4s 64gb. Once I pop my trimmed down sim into the phone it will work right?
Yes Miss, there is no need to worry, I can ensure you 100% that H2O Wireless trimmed sim will work with your brand new iPhone 4S 64GB.
kguerrero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:50 PM   #24
miss.manson
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
miss.manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguerrero View Post
Yes Miss, there is no need to worry, I can ensure you 100% that H2O Wireless trimmed sim will work with your brand new iPhone 4S 64GB.
Thanks hun! Man, this forum is amazing. haha
__________________
"There Are Things Known, and Things Unknown, and In Between Are the Doors of Perception" - William Blake
miss.manson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2011, 01:07 AM   #25
Eddy120876
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bronx,NY
Hey Miss.Manson

so how you like H2O so far ?

Kguerrero Im also thinking of using my old 3G iphone on H2O. Also you are fron Lynn MA? love that town safer then the BX
Eddy120876 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ios7 no mms sim swap no longer works h20 mobile Bswegzs iOS 7 0 Sep 19, 2013 05:35 PM
Using iphone as wireless harddrive, when it is the wireless hotspot DavyBoyWonder iPhone 2 Aug 27, 2013 02:43 PM
AT&T iPhone 5 on H20 rlp2011 iPhone 3 Sep 17, 2012 02:58 PM
iPhone 3GS Coming To H20 Wireless rnbgrilla iPhone 4 Aug 1, 2012 12:24 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC