Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:50 AM   #1
TechSauchTech
macrumors newbie

Setting Up an Ipod Nano as a Gift

I purchased a new IPod Nano for my girlfriend and have created a playlist on my ITunes that I would like to load on it before I give it to her.

My question(s) is..

1. Can I setup the IPod on my Mac before I give it to her? If I use her contact information?
2. Can I just load that single playlist on the IPod when I connect it or does it have to sync everything in my ITunes (songs, apps, etc)?

Thank you in advance.
TechSauchTech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:03 PM   #2
ftaok
macrumors 601

Personally, I'd let her set it up herself. But I'm kinda particular about how stuff is set-up.

Ultimately, she'll have to wipe out the iPod when she goes to sync it to her own computer.

If you have access to her computer, you could put the songs and build the playlist on her iTunes library. Then sync the nano on her machine.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod