Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old May 29, 2005, 12:37 AM   #1
skyline2fast4u
macrumors member

pb screen problem

hey guys...
i kinda dropped my pb now...it has like a black line on the screen how could it be fixed without help through apple, also wat is the problem?!
skyline2fast4u is offline   0
Old May 29, 2005, 11:26 PM   #2
fitinferno
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to fitinferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline2fast4u
hey guys...
i kinda dropped my pb now...it has like a black line on the screen how could it be fixed without help through apple, also wat is the problem?!
Depends on what type of black line it is. I'd generally say it sounds like you've cracked the screen. The best bet would be to see if you can find some spare parts from someone such as a spare screen as a replacement for yours. Then you would have to find a way to install the screen yourself.

Basically, I'd expect you'd have an easier time just going through Apple...and you wouldn't risk damaging the computer further.

Seeing as no one on this forum can see your screen in person, it'd be worth it to take the computer to Apple and at least have them evaluate the problem. You should be able to ask them what they think the problem is without having to commit to getting it fixed by them.
fitinferno is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers