Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skyline2fast4u

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2004
hey guys...
i kinda dropped my pb now...it has like a black line on the screen how could it be fixed without help through apple, also wat is the problem?!

fitinferno

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2005
London, UK
skyline2fast4u said:
hey guys...
i kinda dropped my pb now...it has like a black line on the screen how could it be fixed without help through apple, also wat is the problem?!

Depends on what type of black line it is. I'd generally say it sounds like you've cracked the screen. The best bet would be to see if you can find some spare parts from someone such as a spare screen as a replacement for yours. Then you would have to find a way to install the screen yourself.

Basically, I'd expect you'd have an easier time just going through Apple...and you wouldn't risk damaging the computer further.

Seeing as no one on this forum can see your screen in person, it'd be worth it to take the computer to Apple and at least have them evaluate the problem. You should be able to ask them what they think the problem is without having to commit to getting it fixed by them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.