Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
I created a fantasy league for us here at MacRumors, and if anyone is interested in joining, let me know. I set it to 12 teams, but that can always be changed. Lets see if we can 10+ members who would be interested in joining.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
I might be interested in that. I should add the proviso that I don't follow basketball – or really know anything about the sport – but the same is true about American football and I've enjoyed taking part in mscriv's fantasy leagues the past two seasons. If anything, I view my complete lack of knowledge as an added challenge. :p

I should add that I'm over 6ft so that fact should qualify me in itself. ;)

Might I ask who you've set the league up with?

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
I might be interested in that. I should add the proviso that I don't follow basketball – or really know anything about the sport – but the same is true about American football and I've enjoyed taking part in mscriv's fantasy leagues the past two seasons. If anything, I view my complete lack of knowledge as an added challenge. :p

I set it up with ESPN, because it would be an easier transition for us that was in the Fantasy NFL league.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind

If Jaffa is in, Moyank24 is in. :D

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Eight so far huh, that seems to be good. There will be A LOT of talent available, so we should see some good competition.

So we have so far:

Me
Jaffa Cake
Queen of Spades
donga
dukebound85
Moyank24
Abstract
Dandaman

Lets see if we can get to 10 by tomorrow. If not, we can then see when we want to set up the draft. It has to be some time before Sunday, since the season starts Sunday. Maybe Saturday afternoon?

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
It has to be some time before Sunday, since the season starts Sunday. Maybe Saturday afternoon?
That would make it Saturday evening here, which I can't do as we're off out Christmas Eve.

But if it's a convenient time for everyone else, don't worry about me – I know it's awkward with me being in a completely different time zone and I'm happy to go with what's best for the majority of players. I'll set up player choices on the fantasy site and get that to make the picks for me. Hopefully as we have only eight teams there should still be enough decent players if I want to make some changes to my side. :)

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
So we have seven teams so far, and Im waiting for Abstract to answer the invite. I have myself as two teams, because I am holding a spot for a friend of mine. I think I might be waiting for one more person from here to accept the invite, but I cant figure out who since most of the team names have been changed already. With the season starting Sunday, I figure we need to do the draft some time Saturday. Anyone have a problem with that?

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
So we have seven teams so far, and Im waiting for Abstract to answer the invite. I have myself as two teams, because I am holding a spot for a friend of mine. I think I might be waiting for one more person from here to accept the invite, but I cant figure out who since most of the team names have been changed already. With the season starting Sunday, I figure we need to do the draft some time Saturday. Anyone have a problem with that?

saturday morning is great for me ...pacific standard time.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
If there isn't any room, we can kick rick snagwell out. No Lakers fans allowed.

Only Englishmen, women, and Don't panic. :D

yank_rocket2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.