Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:31 PM   #26
antman2295
macrumors 6502

Its legit, I earned enough to get infinity blade 2. I also accidently "downloaded" an app i didnt want, but i never got the app even though they took my credit. I contacted support, but no reply of any help. My advice is to make sure you click what you want.
antman2295 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:41 PM   #27
iohass
macrumors regular

I now almost have enough credits for iphoto and real racing 2 but not sure which I want more

is it possible for me to download these from the canadian itunes rather than my US account?

also, what's the downside of having all these apps in your download history?
iohass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:47 PM   #28
Bobby.e
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iohass View Post
I now almost have enough credits for iphoto and real racing 2 but not sure which I want more

is it possible for me to download these from the canadian itunes rather than my US account?

also, what's the downside of having all these apps in your download history?
Theres no downside. I just think it's annoying when I go to my purchased and it organizes by most recent. Then all these apps are there.
Bobby.e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:47 PM   #29
xhArRiSoNxD
macrumors regular

So how do I get rid of the profile after I install it?

When I go to General I dont see anything under profiles to get rid of it.

Edit: I really hate when I post and then find the answer later.

Just incase anyone was wondering this is not a scam.

And the answer to my question:
The device profiles gets removed automatically after enrollment process. To completely dissociate it from free my apps to to settings, safari, and delete cookies.

Last edited by xhArRiSoNxD; Mar 24, 2012 at 10:04 PM.
xhArRiSoNxD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:36 AM   #30
HCO
macrumors regular

it works been using it for a while now got some nice apps from it
HCO is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:54 AM   #31
Demonface
macrumors 6502a

this is good if you don't want to jailbreak your iDevice . But since I'll jailbreak my iDevice I have no need for this. But thanks for informing us about this. If I know anyone who wants free apps i'll give them the link to this site.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 01:05 AM   #32
ap3604
Banned

Last edited by ap3604; Apr 9, 2012 at 08:55 PM.
ap3604 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 01:11 AM   #33
Demonface
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
I wish FreeMyApps had some square enix games like final fantasy, chrono trigger, etc

Still is a great concept though and Im not complaining at all since it works and they have some decent games.

Classy stuff there Demonface
Who said I steal? I'm too cool for that.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:07 PM   #34
iohass
macrumors regular

bragging that you can get apps through jailbreaking? yeah, definitely cool. do you also tell your friends you are a hacker because you can follow instructions on how to jb your phone?
iohass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 09:48 AM   #35
Skeblik
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Skeblik
Guys, this is definitely not a scam! Sure, it takes awhile to download the sponsor apps, but it's worth getting premium apps for free!! I am a little worried about the UDID you need to install.
Skeblik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:32 PM   #36
bellamy.budiman
macrumors newbie

Can't install profile on new iPad

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this. I just upgraded to a new iPad, went back to Free My Apps and tried to install the profile. Then after I tapped on "Installing" it just went back to Safari. If I go back to Settings, the profile is still sitting there, not installed. And this whole thing keeps repeating itself every time I tried installing the profile.

Anyone encountered the same situation? I think I've cleared the cookies numerous times and it still doesn't work.
bellamy.budiman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 02:31 PM   #37
Johnny97
macrumors newbie

Its not a scam i use and its legit but now instead of getting apps for free you get giftcards
Johnny97 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:11 AM   #38
JackyLau95
macrumors newbie

Hi

Does it work if I'm in New Zealand and i created a US iTunes account without using a credit card number?
JackyLau95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:20 AM   #39
cambookpro
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackyLau95 View Post
Does it work if I'm in New Zealand and i created a US iTunes account without using a credit card number?
Yeah you can, just purchase a free app in the US store then follow instructions to set it up.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 05:20 PM   #40
BrandonHacks
macrumors regular

For anyone who loves freemyapps, there is a new mobile site that is very similar and has the same amount of prizes. I've just made 10 bucks from downloading free apps.

Here is a link: URL REMOVED

Last edited by maflynn; Sep 2, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
BrandonHacks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2012, 05:29 PM   #41
kannesss
Banned

I've never tried it but it sounds weird
kannesss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2012, 05:36 PM   #42
jomirrivera
macrumors 6502

it is not a scam, I've get many paid apps for free using that site!
jomirrivera is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2012, 06:11 PM   #43
PatrickW98
macrumors 6502

Testing this out right now. This seems pretty cool. I didn't try it on my iPhone 4S or iPad "3" just to be sure. Trying it on iPod touch 2. :B
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:38 PM   #44
Solowalker
macrumors regular

While they're technically not a scam, they've REALLY ticked me off. I used them for nearly a year and was very pleased with the service and I can't even tell you how many awesome apps I got through them.

Until I got my iPhone 5.

I had only had it for just over 2 weeks when I went to redeem some credits and I had an issue. I contacted their support. Long story short, it's been a month and a half and I still can't redeem my credits. They said I somehow violated their terms of service but won't tell me how so I can contest it or at very very least not repeat the same mistake on a different device. But as far as I know, I didn't do anything wrong and did just what I've been doing for the last year and what I've gotten quite a few friends and family members to do. I'm totally in the dark.

I've sent follow up requests to try to get some information out of them and they just delete my support tickets without even notifying me. They've ignored me on Twitter and deleted my comments from their Facebook page and blocked me from posting new comments there. This is literally the WORST customer service I've ever seen and I worked in that industry for a number of years with some pretty poor folks and I've seen and experienced some really bad situations. This is just inexcusable, even for a free service like this.

I have nearly $50 worth of credits that I can't redeem and they won't tell me what not to do in the future. I'm so upset with them.

I very strongly discourage anyone from using this service. Any company that treats their customers this way doesn't deserve to be in business.
Solowalker is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:34 PM   #45
Rocko1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solowalker View Post
While they're technically not a scam, they've REALLY ticked me off. I used them for nearly a year and was very pleased with the service and I can't even tell you how many awesome apps I got through them.

Until I got my iPhone 5.

I had only had it for just over 2 weeks when I went to redeem some credits and I had an issue. I contacted their support. Long story short, it's been a month and a half and I still can't redeem my credits. They said I somehow violated their terms of service but won't tell me how so I can contest it or at very very least not repeat the same mistake on a different device. But as far as I know, I didn't do anything wrong and did just what I've been doing for the last year and what I've gotten quite a few friends and family members to do. I'm totally in the dark.

I've sent follow up requests to try to get some information out of them and they just delete my support tickets without even notifying me. They've ignored me on Twitter and deleted my comments from their Facebook page and blocked me from posting new comments there. This is literally the WORST customer service I've ever seen and I worked in that industry for a number of years with some pretty poor folks and I've seen and experienced some really bad situations. This is just inexcusable, even for a free service like this.

I have nearly $50 worth of credits that I can't redeem and they won't tell me what not to do in the future. I'm so upset with them.

I very strongly discourage anyone from using this service. Any company that treats their customers this way doesn't deserve to be in business.
You are not a customer, you never bought anything.
Rocko1 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:51 PM   #46
Nevzorus
macrumors 6502

How do I delete this from my profiles? This won't work with other stores then the US so..
Nevzorus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:59 PM   #47
adam044
macrumors 65816

I've made over $30 from this site but for the time it takes I've stopped doing it. It's quite an old site. There's also many other try our app and get money sites which I've done but most of them just aren't worth the time. They are great when you first start and has many apps to download but after that it really drags on because apps aren't added all that regularly

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solowalker View Post

Until I got my iPhone 5.

My friend also had this problem still not resolved been many months
adam044 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:51 AM   #48
hobsgrg
macrumors regular

As others have said they are legit and I've got free iTunes credit from them but it can take a while to get credit as apps aren't always added very often or when they are a lot only last a short amount of time so you have to keep regularly checking the site. So I've stopped using them as it's a lot of time and effort to get $10 iTunes gift card but it's not a scam and whether it is worth it depends on whether your time or money is more important
hobsgrg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:37 AM   #49
jomirrivera
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
Anyone heard/use this?

Some people are calling a scam and Im a little wary, but I gave it a try and so far I haven't noticed anything fishy. Basically you go on the site http://www.freemyapps.com/ on your iPhone and it asks you for permission for your UDID (different from your apple account ID). UDID are also used if you ever beta tested an iOS game.

Anyway I found this through http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ws.asp?c=36017 but I still didn't really believe it so I searched it up on google and AllThingsDigital had an article about it http://allthingsd.com/20111213/freem...g-within-apps/ .

So basically what you have to do is download free apps/games and then wait open it and wait 30 secs, then go back to the site and it'll add up points. When you have enough points, you can redeem them for a paid app/game. It does it through a code (like any code you redeem on the itunes store).

To my surprise I got Cut the Rope Experiment for free (checked my account, nothing seemed wrong, it shows free in my history). Got Fruit Ninja Puss in Boots and Bejeweled as well.

Still being cautious, but I've read on multiple forums that its also working. Im thinking of restoring my iphone to a earlier backup just to make sure the thing downloaded is gone.
I can tell you, this works!
In my house, we have 6 iPhones, 4 Ipads an 2 iPod touch and I have earn more than 100 in Amazon gift cards in about two months!
Thats good money!
jomirrivera is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:19 PM   #50
Olivia23
macrumors 6502

It's not a scam. I thought so too at first but now I know it's not. I received enough credits for $10 iTunes credit. I used it to buy apps for my phone so it definitely works.

I'm now trying to save up enough credits for Amazon credits.
Olivia23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone