Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

intoxicated662

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
My iPhone 4 had frozen on lock screen so I held Power+Home and it turned off. Ever since then I haven't been able to power it on. I've left it to charge for 2 hours and then tried turning it back on, no luck. I did google the problem and came across several methods but none of them worked. It's like the phone is completely off and won't power on. I had a friend switch out the battery and even when he put a different battery on the iPhone 4 it wouldn't power on either. I was on 4.2.1 with Baseband 3.10.01 and was trying to preserve the Unlock but unfortunately didn't get to save my SHSH Blobs.

I did try to restore via iTunes and update to 5.0.1 and I keep getting error 1601. Is there any way to fix the iPhone 4? Even if i have to update it I could at least use it and have it restored fresh to new. Screen just stays black and nothing happens.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Might be in DFU mode.

You have a mac or pc?

Did you try to kick it out of recovery mode by means of Tinyumbrella or redsn0w?
http://www.guidingtech.com/mobiles/how-to-get-your-iphone-out-of-recovery-mode/

Try that first.

If your iphone doenst come back that way you might have to restore.

If you want to keep your Baseband for 5.01 you first need to make a custom firmware through Sn0wbreez (windows).

Follow instructions here:
http://iphoneblogr.com/2011/11/jailbreak-and-update-to-ios-5-0-1-with-sn0wbreeze-2-8b11/

After that you need to restore through itunes with that custom firmware.

To avoid the 1601 error you need to have your phone in pwned DFU mode prior to restore, sn0wbreeze (windows) or redsn0w can do that for you.

iclarified.com has good tutorials aswell as iphoneblogr.com.

Read through those first and try google.

Good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.