Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brandontheguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Okay, so I was getting my iphone 4 ready to sell, and I was looking through the erase data options and without thinking hit "erase all data and settings"

You know what happened. Now my phone is stuck in an endless apple logo cycle.

I was on os 4.0.1 with a 1.59.00 baseband.

I originally did my jailbreak using jailbreak.me
I unlocked with ultrasnow.

I'm unsure whether or not I saved my SHSH blobs. How can I find out if I did or not, and what happens if they aren't saved?

So if I didn't, what is the best way for me to restore or upgrade without losing my baseband?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Actually takes thought to go to settings/general/ reset then Erase all settings and then confirm it. :rolleyes: it was only after doing all this that you realized you F'ed up. ;)

brandontheguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I didn't think about the fact that it would delete the jailbreak/unlock hacks as well

brandontheguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Clearly I've recognized my error, no need to keep pointing that out. I just wanted to make sure that I can keep the thing unlocked.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Find out if you have any shsh blobs available for any previous firmware.
If not at least update to custom 5.0.1 so you can maintain your baseband.
Ultrasnow is not updated yet for that firmware version but at least it will be soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.