Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 18, 2011, 01:49 PM   #1
borukuforta
macrumors newbie

Safari Automatically Logging Me into Gmail

Hello,

I have this weird problem where I can completely reset safari and remove all history and such, but for some reason I go to google.com and I am logged into a gmail account that I never use. The weird thing is this happened after I upgraded my hard drive, but I don't recall ever even logging into this account since I did. I looked in safari preferences under auto fill and the user names and passwords tab isn't even checked. I'm not too privy on keychain usage but I don't see anything in there either. Any ideas why google is automatically logging me into an account I never use? Thanks ahead for your help!
borukuforta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2011, 02:01 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Open Keychain Access and search for any and delete keys related to gmail or google. Also, check the Auto Fill > User names and passwords and the Other forms then click Edit and remove any related items from the list, if there are any. Then clear Safari's cache and cookies. Go to Safari > Preferences > Security > Show Cookies and make sure they're deleted. Then try again.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store