Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sosinsurr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Tried everything in the book, even paid a guy $20 bucks off craigslist who said he can fix it...nothing works!

When you go into "receive at" in the iMessage settings, my phone number still shows up grey.

Any idea how to get it to work??

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Yeah, so is mine, it's greyed out because you can't change it, but that means it's been verified and working.

You paid someone for that?

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I've got some snake oil I could sell you. Rub some of that on it and it'll allow you to change/update it GUARANTEED

MandiGee33

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
I am also having a problem where Send/ receive says "no addresses" and my phone number is checked and grey. I have logged out even reset my phone. iMessage still isn't working. Very frustrated!!!

techishi

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
US
This might sound silly, but have you made sure that your phone number is linked to your Apple ID?

sugar iphone

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2013
Tried everything in the book, even paid a guy $20 bucks off craigslist who said he can fix it...nothing works!

When you go into "receive at" in the iMessage settings, my phone number still shows up grey.

Any idea how to get it to work??

Well i guess i fixed it
1)turn off imessage
2) go to contacts and create your own contact with only your own number, no email
3)go to settings-phone-my number, and type in your number without the +61
4)go to settings-general-date and time. make sure the 'set automatically' is on
5)go to settings-mail,contacts,calenders, then in my info, select your own contact.
6)forget your wifi network and then join again
7) turn on imessage.
it should work. it worked for me. step 3-6 doesnt necessarily have to be in that order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.