Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Dec 18, 2011, 09:41 PM   #1
InuNacho
macrumors 6502a

Logitech Unifying mouse and OS 9.

A little while back I got myself a Logitech Performance MX mouse, plugged it into my G4 runnin OS 9 and it works perfectly even though it says it needs 10.4 or later. Don't know if it works with any other of their wireless USB devices although it probably does.

Only the left click and scroll click work but thats still good enough for me.

Just putting this out there for anyone looking to get one of Logitech's wireless mice.
InuNacho is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 09:49 PM   #2
S. Pupp
macrumors newbie

What driver are you using?

Many thanks for the info. My MDD G4 still gets daily use in OS9 (I'm not going to replace all the software I purchased from 1986 to 2001 until this machine and my SE/30 have bitten the dust).

What driver are you using? The stock Apple driver, Logitech, USB Overdrive, or other?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:24 AM   #3
magilla
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Pupp View Post
Many thanks for the info. My MDD G4 still gets daily use in OS9 (I'm not going to replace all the software I purchased from 1986 to 2001 until this machine and my SE/30 have bitten the dust).

What driver are you using? The stock Apple driver, Logitech, USB Overdrive, or other?
Just browsing threads and saw yours. Got yours beat. Running PM8600 w/ G4 aftermarket Sonnet Technologies processor card running my FILM/PAPER wet darkroom processor on a daily basis. Why? Because the 8600 has a serial output and the film/paper processor's only connection with the outside world is via it's serial connector. Been running it that way for about 10 years now. Chugging along just fine.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 07:34 PM   #4
S. Pupp
macrumors newbie

I've always liked the PM8600/G4 combo. Mine sits on the shelf getting only rare use these days, primarily as a link between the SE/30 and the G4.
I am glad to hear of one that is still in daily use.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:00 PM   #5
Swampus
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Pupp View Post

If only left click and scroll work, OP is probably using Apple's driver. I remember having a strong preference for USB Overdrive over the Logitech drivers in OS9. Not only did USB Overdrive provide better customization and functionality, but the Logitech drivers were buggy for me in OS9. Not sure if those old drivers would work with this mouse anyway?

I don't know anything about the Logitech Performance MX in particular, but I've used other Logitech mice with the "MX" nomenclature with USB Overdrive.

The Microsoft mouse driver for OS 9 was also surprisingly good, but I think it only worked with Microsoft branded mice.
Swampus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:19 AM   #6
S. Pupp
macrumors newbie

Many thanks, Swampus.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs