Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Obioban

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
I like that on the ATV1 all of my iTunes files are located in the main menus- e.g., the main movies category has my movie files from iTunes in it, TV shows has my iTunes TV shows, music has my music, etc.

I hate how, on the ATV 2, I have to go to computer then choose a computer then choose a file type then scroll through a list.

But, I like how the ATV2 has the horsepower to actually play HD content. The ATV1 just can't handle some higher action 720p content... annoying.

And on both I wish they'd implement better ways to search through your own content.

The beauty of the iPod was that it let you both enjoy stuff you already own and buy new content easily and legally through iTunes. The ATVs just seem to focused on only having you buy content :(

sulliweb

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
That's why the remote app is so great. It gives you the ease of access without going through the crappy UI on the ATV2.

Well, I won't say it's horrible, but it's the ultimate extension of Apple's minimalistic philosophy. Give me a way to modify the menus a bit in settings (something too complex for Apple to ever allow), and I'd be happier. Oh well, Apple is as Apple does...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.