Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Just curious, is it against the rules to show in your signature which candidate you would most or least want to see elected President next year? I know political avatars seem to be allowed.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You can check for yourself. There is a Rules link at the top of this window, under the MacRumors name.

Last edited by a moderator:

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
The word "signature" can be found 12 times in the rules, spread out. So it's not the easiest thing to get a feeling for. This is one of the most important bits:

Avatars and signatures, as well as other profile fields, must comply with all forum rules, including those against profanity, explicit sexual content, insults against groups or individuals, referral links, and cannot be in other ways offensive. Members will be required to change avatars or signatures that are deemed too controversial or that are particularly annoying or distracting to other members. Note that signatures may include links to your own site or business as long as you do not make posts whose purpose is to call attention to your signature. A political signature is fine, as long as it doesn't violate the rules for sigs outline here.

Basically, in addition to the formatting requirements, just make sure you don't word your political statement in a way that seems trollish/designed to rile people up, and you'll be fine. :)

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Basically, in addition to the formatting requirements, just make sure you don't word your political statement in a way that seems trollish/designed to rile people up, and you'll be fine. :)

So if I want to have a political signature, I can say "X Rocks" or "X for President" or "Vote X in 2012," but I can't say "Y Sucks," "Y Is A Liar," etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.