Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:06 PM   #1
t0264
macrumors newbie

iPhone Stuck In Dock Mode - No sound from speakers

My iPhone is stuck in dock mode, upgrading to iOS 5 got rid of the 'this accessory is not optimized for this iphone' message but there is still no sound. The genius tried cleaning out the dock port with no success. But both him and I are confused at the fact when the iPhone is first unlocked from sleep, the sound works fine, which is good because it means I can still hear text tones. But then after a few seconds of being awake the volume control will disappear and it will go into dock mode.

I'm not jailbroken atm but I will be soon, mainly for the new release of the h1siri beta. So if there's a jailbreak tweak to get round it, like modding a file to 'force' the iPhone to speaker or get rid of the dock mode files all together since I virtually never use a dock for music, please post

Last edited by t0264; Dec 19, 2011 at 06:11 PM.
t0264 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 09:14 PM   #2
ayro
macrumors newbie

Does any1 know the remedy for this?? I too am facin the same prob
ayro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:55 AM   #3
INFMIS
macrumors newbie

Solved

had to register to post this but i just fixed my 4s undo the back off your phone while its on remove the dock connector cable turn the phone off then turn on play music then plug the connector back in
INFMIS is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Tags
iphone no sound dock