Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Prof.
macrumors 601

"iTunes Sync: 1 item could not be synced. See iTunes for more information"

What is this madness?!

I do what it says, but there isn't a notification/warning in iTunes... Anyone else getting this or has gotten this? Is there a solution?

I couldn't decide if I should put this in the iTunes forum, or here... It has to deal with my iPhone and iTunes!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	84
Size:	746.2 KB
ID:	316724  
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:30 PM   #2
saving107
macrumors 603

I've gotten that many times and have never been able to figure where the issue is. iTunes doesn't say anything, and as far as I can tell all of my media content was synced over just fine.

I reset my warnings in iTunes and on my iPhone, I deleted all of my music and content off of my device and I still continued to get this message. Sadly I ended up doing full restore from a back-up, though it did fix the issue for me, I was never abled to pin point the problem.
saving107 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:35 PM   #3
DroidRules
Banned

Ghost in the machine?

I've never had that issue.... wierd one. What one thing wasn't synced?
DroidRules is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:36 PM   #4
PNutts
macrumors 601

Do you have any restrictions set?
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:46 PM   #5
Prof.
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNutts View Post
Do you have any restrictions set?
Nope! I've never even messed with parental controls.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:13 PM   #6
PNutts
macrumors 601

I've seen folks narrow it down by individually disabling the sync of the difference categories (movies, books, tv shows, etc.). Once isolated to a media type they are able to track down a movie that isn't compatible or a hidden voice memo or a particular app or...

From the brief search I did there doesn't seem to be one generic answer.
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:41 PM   #7
Prof.
macrumors 601

I did a complete backup and restore of my iPhone and the problem now appears to be gone. Apparently that's the only known fix... Now my battery is dying faster than it was before the restore. I can't win. C'mon 5.1!!!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:09 PM   #8
D-Love
macrumors regular

Mines doing the same damn thing, except its 2 items. Every time. I'm restoring now. iTunes match on the iPhone has been a cluster**** as well. Duplicates and splits albums, and doesn't accurately represent the storage space saved on iTunes. Some of my albums lost the artwork as well on the iPhone. As a result I have gone ahead and quit iTunes match on the iPhone and am restoring selected albums - after that everything looked right again.
D-Love is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:31 AM   #9
Bivv
macrumors newbie

"iTunes Sync: 1 item could not be synced. See iTunes for more information"

I'm jailbroken, and iMovie wont get on my iPod Touch, and if I restore my iPod Touch, I wont be jailbroken anymore and, two more things; 1. I need iMovie to make videos because Display Recorder doesn't record audio. 2. I jailbroke my iPod Touch on a different computer and I am not allowed to download stuff on this computer.

What should I do?
Bivv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2014, 02:20 AM   #10
cmm542000
macrumors newbie

Unhappy “Item(s) could not be synced. See iTunes for more information” error fix

I tried this and it corrected the problem!

Some users have reported that they could not successfully sync all of their files resulting in this error: “(x) item(s) could not be synced. See iTunes for more information”.

Fix:

Photos may cause this problem. When you sync photos to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod; iTunes creates a small version of each photo and stores them in a folder called “iPod Photo Cache.” Sometimes, inconsistencies between the real photos and photos in the cache folder may result in this error. To fix this error, simply remove the iPod Photo Cache folder(s).

Don’t worry, this folder will be recreated automatically the next time you sync photos and removing this folder will not erase your original photos. Here is how you can locate the iPod Photo Cache folder so you can drag it to your Trash (on a Mac) or Recycle Bin (on a PC). Follow: Go > Home, then open the Pictures folder and find the iPhoto Library file. Control-click the iPhoto Library and choose Show Package Contents where you can locate the iPod Photo Cache folder and drag it to the Trash. Then restart iTunes to re-initiate your sync.

DBY SERHAT KURT

Last edited by cmm542000; Aug 1, 2014 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Left out Front end that this worked!
cmm542000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone