Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:17 AM   #1
mhatter67
macrumors newbie

Question ITunes Match not enabling on Apple TV

Hi Everyone,

I have subscribed to Itunes Match but cannot access it on my Apple TV 2, I just get the message, "To access music library in iClould need to subscribe to iTunes Match...."

Very confusing I am on the latest version of
iTunes for the mac
Apple TV software
Subscribed to ITunes Match

How can I get my apple TV to see ITunes match)

Thanks in advance
Mark

Sorry I have found the answer and I feel silly, I have 2 apple ID and I had the wrong one selected (non ITunes Match account) in apple TV settings for ITunes store also I did not have iTunes match enabled as well!

Silly me, really is annoying though that only half of my purchased TV programmes show at any one given time, because of the account I chose, as discussed on many forums apple need to allow people to merge their Apple ID's

Last edited by mhatter67; Dec 20, 2011 at 06:47 AM. Reason: found answer
mhatter67 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 03:35 PM   #2
SirYossi
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post

Silly me, really is annoying though that only half of my purchased TV programmes show at any one given time, because of the account I chose, as discussed on many forums apple need to allow people to merge their Apple ID's
i think apple is working on a way for people to merge itunes accounts. I have two one before my .Mac account and one is my .Mac account (or rather icloud now). I have my itunes and ipod touch apps on my old yahoo itunes account and my mail and stuff is on my .mac apple ID account. I really want to merge the two so that i can take full use of icloud, but really do not want to plunk down couple hundred $ to rebuy apps. If it was just music hten i would not care as i bought very little music via itunes mostly apps. My .mac now icloud account is set up for the app store for the computer. I want to merge my yahoo and my wifes old yahoo itunes account under my icloud account so then i can do the itunes match - till apple allows people to merge accounts then itunes match is a waist for me.
So as of late you can not merge accounts but apple says they are working on it.
SirYossi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater