Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
There's got to be some way to see what devices are connected. I'm seeing two devices connected now, and there should only be one...so I just wanted to see what the other connection is.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
There's an app called LanScan which will list all the devices on your network. I'm not sure if it works if your device is acting as the hotspot (though it might), but if you run it on an iDevice connected to your iPhone, it'll certainly work.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Change your WiFi Password and see if the problem disappears. Are you connected via USB or Bluetooth while tethering?

No, the phone is just in my pocket. I can change the password, but I was just curious if there was a way to see connected devices from the phone.

----------

There's an app called LanScan which will list all the devices on your network. I'm not sure if it works if your device is acting as the hotspot (though it might), but if you run it on an iDevice connected to your iPhone, it'll certainly work.

Thanks! I'll check that out.

Pb3294

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2016
Change your WiFi Password and see if the problem disappears. Are you connected via USB or Bluetooth while tethering?
I have two connections.
I plugged my iphone in the laptop
Then i enabled wifi.
Silly me thats were i got the two connections

Reactions: stacievotaw
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.